2 Malls CLosing

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

Word is that Almeda Mall and Pasedena Town Sqaure are closing. They need to turn Almeda into an entrtainment center. Pasedna Square was in a bad spot.

They should have turned Gulfgate into an Entertainment Center. With all this I'm surprised Northlineis still open.

Word is that Almeda Mall and Pasedena Town Sqaure are closing. They need to turn Almeda into an entrtainment center. Pasedna Square was in a bad spot.

They should have turned Gulfgate into an Entertainment Center. With all this I'm surprised Northlineis still open.

First, what is an "Entertainment Center?"

Second, what's wrong with the current redevelopment of Gulfgate? I think most would agree that Ed Wulfe hit a home run. Based on the traffic around there on the weekends, it appears that the redevelopment has been wildly successful. I'm over there at least once a week.

This is a Plastic started thread - the only news that went out around those two malls was they were up for sale.

Don't provoke him to explain his posts. only leads to more head banging against a wall. I'm surprised we didn't hear that we don't need the Pavilions since Almeda is a downtown Mall because its inside the beltway.

Sources?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As reported in an another post, Almeda Mall is merely up for sale (along with northwest mall). I guess it could still get razed, but I doubt it.

I happened to visit the Almeda mall the other weekend, and noticed that it was an old-school, smaller mall that is kinda "ghetto-y" (i.e., lots of not-so-famous small stores selling cheap clothes), so I wouldn't be surprised if the mall ends up being either renovated or razed down the road.

• 1 month later...
i doubt it gets razed...

i mean the entire east and southeast side would only have Baybrook Mall??

too many consumers inside the beltway off 45 either side IMO for both Almeda and Pasadena to be scrapped...

Blah. Scrap them and build 4 Home Depots, 3 Bed Bath and Beyonds, 22 Starbucks, 8 Cold Stones, 2 IHOPs, 3 Marshalls, 3 Linens and Things, 2 HobbyLobbys, and an Old Navy for good measure. That's what we need there.

Seriously, Almeda is a pretty valuable chunk of land. Something will be have to be done there.

Blah. Scrap them and build 4 Home Depots, 3 Bed Bath and Beyonds, 22 Starbucks, 8 Cold Stones, 2 IHOPs, 3 Marshalls, 3 Linens and Things, 2 HobbyLobbys, and an Old Navy for good measure. That's what we need there.

Seriously, Almeda is a pretty valuable chunk of land. Something will be have to be done there.

Rumor has it at minimum the land behind Ameda is getting razed. I know on one block behind the mall the the Best Buy is moving to Gulfgate, Circuit City has already moved (next to the new walmart), the Payless alredy closed/opened in Gulfgate, and the Hancock Fabric is running it's going out of biz sale.

Rumor has it at minimum the land behind Ameda is getting razed. I know on one block behind the mall the the Best Buy is moving to Gulfgate, Circuit City has already moved (next to the new walmart), the Payless alredy closed/opened in Gulfgate, and the Hancock Fabric is running it's going out of biz sale.

Where did you hear the Best Buy info or it is a rumor?

Where did you hear the Best Buy info or it is a rumor?

An employee in the Almeda location store. Since they are the last open business in the strip center (well once Hancock officially closes) I asked if Best Buy was building their a new store like Circuit City did. Apparently they are, in Gulfgate.

I knew about Pasadena TownSquare, but Northline is news to me> Isn't there a Northwest Mall too.

The age of indoor malls is coming to an end, and only those that renovate (Galleria, Memorial City, Willowbrook (ify), Greenspoint, Baybrook, and West Oaks (ify too))

I think Sharptown will have the same fate as Westwood pretty soon too.

Archived