New Stuff

zaphod

Ive noticed in the last month lots of new things popping up...

Raising Cane's is pretty much done. Wonder what will become of Lane's though...

The old Kmart/Big Lots shopping center @ 2818 and Texas is being remodeled(rather cheaply IMO)

and in the parking lot is a brand new Autozone with a fugly paint scheme(that autozone will make this interesection the car part capital of the world since there is a napa and o reilleys too). BCS asian market is in the old Big Lots place, and its looking nice. Wonder when it opens...

At Graham Rd. and the bypass the steel frame is up for what looks like a 3 story building that will be brazos valley bank.

Next door to the new bank is a new popeye's chicken :-P

the new Freebirds in the Home Depot Center on university now is painted and it has round windows and a cloud mural. I think it looks like crap but who knows.

Petsmart is completely done will open soon.

anyone have any more good details on these things?

Petsmart is completely done will open soon.

anyone have any more good details on these things?

just fyi, Petsmart opened on May 8th. Their "Grand Opening" with all of the give aways and specials is this weekend. Also, Abuelos opens to the general public two weeks from today.

The new Premiere Cinema opened yesterday.

Linens N Things opened a few weeks ago.

Burger King is building in Bryan.

Also here a rumor of Hooters and Mabe another Wal-Mart or Super Target or HEB.

Premiere Cinema also just announced that one of there restaurnat pads is about to start construction on a new restaurant in front of the theater. I wonder what it will be? I wonder what restarants will go into the other pads?

The new Premiere Cinema opened yesterday.

Linens N Things opened a few weeks ago.

Burger King is building in Bryan.

Also here a rumor of Hooters and Mabe another Wal-Mart or Super Target or HEB.

Premiere Cinema also just announced that one of there restaurnat pads is about to start construction on a new restaurant in front of the theater. I wonder what it will be? I wonder what restarants will go into the other pads?

Just a quick rundown of what I know:

Abuelo's opens on Memorial Day (heard it on the radio)

Veterans Park is being expanded and it will reach from University to Harvey, East of 6

Elm's Orthodontics office at Emerald Pkwy and 6

New C&J's at Southwest Crossing (Southwest Pkwy and Wellborn)

Brenham National Bank at the corner of Southwest Pkwy and 6...oohh, exciting <_<

I've got plans for some other boring stuff, but I'll wait until they actually start building to post anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Abuelo's is a Lubbock staple...good Tex-Mex.

Was in College Station for a wedding on Saturday. We ate at Abulo's yesterday. It was pretty tasty.

I managed to tour some of the areas surrounding the campus. There seems to be a lot of acitivity going on.

• 1 month later...
Was in College Station for a wedding on Saturday. We ate at Abulo's yesterday. It was pretty tasty.

I managed to tour some of the areas surrounding the campus. There seems to be a lot of acitivity going on.

There is a Rosa's Cafe going up next to it. I don't think its part of the development that Abuelo's is in, but who ever is building Rosa's Cafe built it close enough to where it looks like part of the whole resturant development there.

http://www.rosascafe.net/

There is a Rosa's Cafe going up next to it. I don't think its part of the development that Abuelo's is in, but who ever is building Rosa's Cafe built it close enough to where it looks like part of the whole resturant development there.

http://www.rosascafe.net/

Rosa's is actually part of the same development. It is called University Towne Center. It will eventually have a few more restaurants and it will supposedly be lined with retail shops at the back. We'll see.

Rosa's is actually part of the same development. It is called University Towne Center. It will eventually have a few more restaurants and it will supposedly be lined with retail shops at the back. We'll see.

Are you sure? It's not on the UTC map.

Are you sure? It's not on the UTC map.

Also I don't even think you can get there within the University Towne Center development.

Have any of you been out to Traditions Golf Course Latley? All I can say is WOW! VERY NICE!

Archived