The Spring

JDawgATX

Monday May 15th, 2006, workers will start the Lot clearing phase of the Spring Condo Tower in the West End District in Downtown Austin. There will be no official groundbreaking ceremony due to the high profile battle between the developers and the residents of the Old West Austin Neighborhood Association who were not happy about a building its height being built so close to the edge of downtown. Clearing should take a few weeks and then they will begin ground work. The Building will be 36 stories and will rise between 400 and 450 feet high. Here is a Rendering...

pomaria3_2005.jpg

This is just one of many projects set to break ground within the next 3 weeks.

Is that park real, or just an imaginary feature created by the illustrator? I'm continually surprised by the number of people who will move into a condo tower simply because it's on a park.

Ooops I actually got the building wrong. Its not the Spring its 360 wich is 44 stories and will be 580 feet tall. Way off on this one, though Spring should start within the next few months so either way its going up soon.

From what I hear its pretty much going to be the same design give or take a few differences. Overall thats what we will be expecting. I do know that it is a rendering of another building but its the only rendering we have here for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived