City Wants To Use Eminent Domain To Take Land From Walmart

Guest danax

Interesting. A lot of people dislike Wal-Mart but is eminent domain really supposed to be used to prevent unpopular retailers from moving in? Wouldn't that be a municipal version of burning a cross in someone's front yard because they don't want "them" living there?

My sentiments are with Hercules though. No city planners would sanely want a prime piece of waterfront land in an upscale area of a teenie little town to have a big ugly Billy-Bob blob dominating it.

Wal-Mart has got a lot of work ahead of them to redesign their redneck image and butt-ugly stores.

Interesting. A lot of people dislike Wal-Mart but is eminent domain really supposed to be used to prevent unpopular retailers from moving in? Wouldn't that be a municipal version of burning a cross in someone's front yard because they don't want "them" living there?

My sentiments are with Hercules though. No city planners would sanely want a prime piece of waterfront land in an upscale area of a teenie little town to have a big ugly Billy-Bob blob dominating it.

Wal-Mart has got a lot of work ahead of them to redesign their redneck image and butt-ugly stores.

Damn, danax! In one post, you mention cross-burning, "them", Billy Bob, redneck and butt-ugly....and you were talking about a RETAIL establishment!

Sounds like you've been listening to too much David Alan Coe. :P

BTW, you left out Mother, pickup trucks and trains....oh yeah, and prison.

Guest danax
Damn, danax! In one post, you mention cross-burning, "them", Billy Bob, redneck and butt-ugly....and you were talking about a RETAIL establishment!

Sounds like you've been listening to too much David Alan Coe. :P

BTW, you left out Mother, pickup trucks and trains....oh yeah, and prison.

:lol: Oh man, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Mr. Coe is one scary looking dude.

zisu4l.jpg

I can see it now;

Appearing at the Hercules Wal-Mart Grand Opening, the one and only David Allan Coe!

A small town Near San Fran. is trying to take some land away from Walmart that was recently purchased that sits on some prime land overlooking the bay.

here is theArticle.

'bout time that someone stands up to them.

What's wrong with Wal-Mart? If people shop there instead of at their competitors, then they must be doing something right.

What's wrong with Wal-Mart? If people shop there instead of at their competitors, then they must be doing something right.

everyone knows what's wrong with wal-mart - the fact is, it's cheap, and people are cheap (or need to shop cheaply), so that makes a good relationship

I am not CHEAP..............I'm frugal . It's not like I am buying there to decorate my house, or for the clothes I put on my back, no thank you Wally.

I do shop there for alot of other things. Fish tank, can't beat them. Christmas toys and other times for my daughter, can't beat them. Cleaning supplies, can't beat them. Groceries, not so good. Need a new battery for your car ?, you bet, Wal-Mart is my place.

• The title was changed to City Wants To Use Eminent Domain To Take Land From Walmart

Archived