When Rumsfeld lied about Rumsfeld's lies..

nmainguy

I was waiting for someone to blame Clinton. If you could just get the Clinton Monkey off your back and realise Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld and the Republican Party are the ones running the show, you might be a happier person.

Clinton has been out of office for almost a full six years. When are the people running the show going to start taking responsibility for the ATROCIOUS loss of life in Iraq.

BTW, U.S. casualties in the Kosovo war: Zero.

You do know that the things that go on in the military as far as cuts go FAR beyond one presidential administration right? The "early retirement" that was mentioned above, take it and multiply by 1000+. This happened in the 1990's on a far larger scale due to the same bull____ today, only difference is those guys didnt have a war to fight, they were warning of future wars/combat and the shortfalls that will occur if certain things are cut. Military cuts could have come from other areas without the effect of today.......

You do know that the things that go on in the military as far as cuts go FAR beyond one presidential administration right? The "early retirement" that was mentioned above, take it and multiply by 1000+. This happened in the 1990's on a far larger scale due to the same bull____ today, only difference is those guys didnt have a war to fight, they were warning of future wars/combat and the shortfalls that will occur if certain things are cut. Military cuts could have come from other areas without the effect of today.......

What I know is a war was waged in Kosovo with unmatched air power where none of our kids were killed in combat and victory was won. Blame Clinton; blame the Pentagon: blame the generals but don't blame Cheney or Bush-they were no where to be seen-thank god.

But I digress since this thread is about Rumsfeld getting called on his lies.

What I know is a war was waged in Kosovo with unmatched air power where none of our kids were killed in combat and victory was won. Blame Clinton; blame the Pentagon: blame the generals but don't blame Cheney or Bush-they were no where to be seen-thank god.

But I digress since this thread is about Rumsfeld getting called on his lies.

Exactly the point.........wasnt planned to use ground forces, so the focus was not on the Army and armor.......

As far as Cheney, i was around when he walked the halls of the Pentagon....the things in the 1990's were started under him and amplified im sure to his GREAT pleasure under Clinton. Theres much that goes on behind the scenes. What im waiting for is to see some of these generals and admirals stand up and state the beginnings of this situation and move to the present. Colin Powell would be a GREAT start. He was a member of "Early retirement" Im willing to bet not much changed from 1994 to 2004 behind the scenes in military planning and procedures......meaning having a strong focus on TV camera weapons. Symbolism over Substance........

Archived