Good mortgage lenders?

webdude

Thanks everyone.

I ended up going with my bank, bank of america. At first I wanted to go with a local houston company, but found out that my mortgage agent here in california had processed quite a few applications for californians buying homes in houston recently. Not sure whether its for investment or they are planning a move like me.

Guest danax
Thanks everyone.

I ended up going with my bank, bank of america. At first I wanted to go with a local houston company, but found out that my mortgage agent here in california had processed quite a few applications for californians buying homes in houston recently. Not sure whether its for investment or they are planning a move like me.

The company I work for did a couple of loans for a woman in CA that bought some investment properties in Katy. Just 120K tract homes but she was excited by how much home she could buy for that price. She was a little shocked at the property taxes though.

I see a lot of CA license plates around so I am assuming the word has gotten out that Houston is cheap and, contrary to a lot of Californian's ingrained beliefs, a decent place to live.

There are a bunch of CA's coming to houston and buying investment property. I have a realtor friend that specializes in that. They (CA's) think that prices in Houston are dirty cheap, and its like kids in a candy store.

I recently used National City Mortgage Company (NCMC). I would NOT recommend them. A friend had similar results. It's only my opinion.

Interesting. I work for them. I'm not a loan officer though, I work in the corp office. I'm curious who you used and what happened.

There are a bunch of CA's coming to houston and buying investment property. I have a realtor friend that specializes in that. They (CA's) think that prices in Houston are dirty cheap, and its like kids in a candy store.

It did feel great seeing those kind of prices, until I saw the property tax. Of course, people keep telling me not to worry since I don't have to pay income tax.

It did feel great seeing those kind of prices, until I saw the property tax. Of course, people keep telling me not to worry since I don't have to pay income tax.

What kind of property taxes are there in CA.. Paying 5k a year seems normal to me now.

What kind of property taxes are there in CA.. Paying 5k a year seems normal to me now.

I think it is also about $5k/yr for a 600k to 700k homes over here, so I guess we all ended up paying the same property taxes since most houses here cost 600k and up.

Guest danax

I think it's like 1% unless you're locked into the taxes based on the valuation when you bought the house, which is a law they have known as Prop. 13. My parent's house there is "worth" 700K and they pay something like $200 a year in taxes.

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone recommend a good mortgage lender?

Betty Anderson at Network Funding. She is the most genuine person around, and that's very odd being a mortgage broker.

She is honestly on the lookout for your best interests, not her wallets.

bba@networkfundingusa.com

And no, I am not her

Betty Anderson at Network Funding. She is the most genuine person around, and that's very odd being a mortgage broker.

She is honestly on the lookout for your best interests, not her wallets.

bba@networkfundingusa.com

And no, I am not her

www.Hightowerlending.com

Archived