Maude Carr Industrial Home At 1815 Gano St.

DMac

• 4 months later...

Back in April I placed an inquiry about a place called Industrial home. I believe it was what today would be called a day care facility for children.

There was a gentleman who had responded that he too had been there and that he believed it was located on Gano, just south of the downtown dist.

As time permits and if he reads this message would you please reconfirm specific address?

My sister & I will be traveling to the city in a few weeks and would very much like to re-visit the old place where our father {a single parent @ that time} left us each day as he went to work, back in the late 40's of the previous century {the one preceeded w/the #19}.

Thanking you in advance

Respectfully

Danny McLean

Back in April I placed an inquiry about a place called Industrial home. I believe it was what today would be called a day care facility for children.

There was a gentleman who had responded that he too had been there and that he believed it was located on Gano, just south of the downtown dist.

As time permits and if he reads this message would you please reconfirm specific address?

My sister & I will be traveling to the city in a few weeks and would very much like to re-visit the old place where our father {a single parent @ that time} left us each day as he went to work, back in the late 40's of the previous century {the one preceeded w/the #19}.

Sorry to give you some bad news but

i found this on the internet about industrial home.

it looks like you won't be able to see the exact building - sorry.

In 1980, the GanoMission Center, located a few blocks from the Fletcher Center, became part of the

Baptist Mission Centers. This sizable property included the historic Industrial Home,a

three-story building that provided housing for visiting missionaries. This building was

demolished in 1999 to make room for a new building that would provide improved

facilities for missionary housing and ministry programs.

http://www.bmchouston.org/History.html

looks like it was at the current BMC facility at 1815 Gano - that is just north of downtown.

Evidently it will be where there new building is.

Edited by gnu

• The title was changed to Maude Carr Industrial Home At 1815 Gano St.