Where is your favorite place to go for a celebration?

My usual cliche is "let's go to the Gingerman". Besides that, I enjoy celebrating at the "Continental Club" on a special Thursday night with a nice set from Beatle. Pretty much anything to get me out of Katy. :lol:

C'mon Gary, you know we always have Mo's Place to fall back on. :lol:

Isn't there a place on the Katy Freeway that's very traditional for Houstonians to go for special occasions? For some reason I think it's called Texas Land and Cattle. I went there once, and the first thing they asked me at the door was for what occasion was I visiting. They couldn't believe I was just hungry for a big steak.

Isn't there a place on the Katy Freeway that's very traditional for Houstonians to go for special occasions? For some reason I think it's called Texas Land and Cattle. I went there once, and the first thing they asked me at the door was for what occasion was I visiting. They couldn't believe I was just hungry for a big steak.

i think you mean Taste of Texas.

Texas land and cattle is a chain with several houston locations.

Thanks! I have been to more than 1/2 of those places but I always seem to forget about them when I am planning a dinner out. Backstreet is a great place that I just never seem to remember!

Ha! :) Yeah, that was my problem too... that, and going to the same places over & over, so I started keeping a list in my PDA. Whenever I feel like going out to eat, I consult the list... I also add restaurants I want to try, etc. :)

Kennealy's, Chuy's, or Pappas Steak House. Depends on the number of people that might also show up.

Used to be Cabo's, but they moved out of Shepherd Square and I'm not going Downtown and getting smacked by a train for my birthday.

Archived