Sam Houston Courtyard

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

I've said in previous topics that Houston need an activity or civic center. This would function like Times Sqaure or West ENd in Dallas.

We are building the Pavillions but it's not very big and is not open.

I'd be looking for something biggr and with large openconcourses so we could hold,ralleys,concerts,parades,

and events. So I was thinking what about Sam Houston Park. It's pretty large. I'm talking about the area right inbetween Bagby and I-45. It's starts right around Teh Theater DIstrict and ends at Allen Center.. Sitting on the Bayou we could pave it and make it all level. The difficulty would be building bridges across the streets that lead to and from Allen Parkway. Those streets could be closed during major events and allow the whole place to be undivided.

This would be right along The Bayou where those old houses are where Sam Houston lived and such. Being that other cities have historic buildings in their sqaures we could keep them and we'd have a prime view of all the Downtown skyscrapers. All the park would be usedand that bi parking lotjust across from The Allen Center on W.Dallas could become part of it or a train-bus center.

There's be food,shops,resteraunts,activities, arcades,nightspots,concert places, everything you'd want in a city in one area. The coul be in addition to the plans that they are planning to make Buffalo Bayou into a riverwalk. During events there's be performers,carts,games,cotton cany&hotdogs, rock walls,and needed portapotties. You could have even larger concerts in Eleanor Tinsley Park since they are connected. Use

The "Same Houston Court" as a place for the main events and presentations and Eleanor aTinsley as an outdoor Theater for large concerts. This would make on giant events.

Only problem is we need space for parking.

There's be food,shops,resteraunts,activities, arcades,nightspots,concert places, everything you'd want in a city in one area. The coul be in addition to the plans that they are planning to make Buffalo Bayou into a riverwalk. During events there's be performers,carts,games,cotton cany&hotdogs, rock walls,and needed portapotties. You could have even larger concerts in Eleanor Tinsley Park since they are connected. Use

The "Same Houston Court" as a place for the main events and presentations and Eleanor aTinsley as an outdoor Theater for large concerts. This would make on giant events.

Only problem is we need space for parking.

I think you just described the new downtown park in front of George R. Brown.

The mayor is already ahead of you, Plastique.

Guest Plastic
I think you just described the new downtown park in front of George R. Brown.

The mayor is already ahead of you, Plastique.

The NEW park? That park is old. I know they are planning to remodel it but I don't think it's going to have shops and eateries.

• The topic was unlocked