Those are exactly what I had - both times. Pappasito's beef fajitas are unarguable better than what Lupe's served me.

Still, neither have anything on that place on the River Walk.

That's great if you dont mind a 3 hr drive to dinner and a 3 hr drive home !!!

Lupe's fajitas are great.....what is that marinade they use that gets crispy on the platter....yum!!!

Es Reeeel good news for Mexican Food lovers:

http://www.lupetortilla.com/contact.htm

Unfortunately it's probably bad news for Mexican Food lovers.

In my opinion, Lupes has not done a good job expanding from their original restaurant off I 10.. The quality of the food and the service has gone down since they branched out to other locations.

If you go, I recommend the fajita nachos (beef or mixed) with a side of guacamole and of course the margaritas.

Unfortunately it's probably bad news for Mexican Food lovers.

In my opinion, Lupes has not done a good job expanding from their original restaurant off I 10.. The quality of the food and the service has gone down since they branched out to other locations.

If you go, I recommend the fajita nachos (beef or mixed) with a side of guacamole and of course the margaritas.

...as Homer would say......mmmmmmm...margaritas !!

I did try the Lupe's near 59 and Kirby and didnt think the fajitas were up to snuff.... but I've been to the Lupes out on I-10 about 10 times in the last couple months and 9 times out of 10 it was just amazing.

(The marinade is lime based, u08)

I refuse to eat at a restaurant that has a playgroud out front. And I have a kid. A well behaved one that does not need a playground when eating out.

As far as the food goes, I have only ate their once (59 @ Kirby) and thought the fajitas were too heavily seasoned.

Still, neither have anything on that place on the River Walk.

Which one? Casa Rio?

As far as the food goes, I have only ate their once (59 @ Kirby) and thought the fajitas were too heavily seasoned.

Which one? Casa Rio?

Yes, Casa Rio. I can never remember the name. I also ate at the Lupes at 59 & Kirby and thought the same about the seasoning of the Fajitas. It tasted like they had soaked the meat in lime juice all day. Too much for this gringo.

Archived