Gritty Austin

SpaceCity

That is all East of I-35...literally the other side of the tracks in Austin. It is night and day when you cross I-35 heading east. I know land values over there have been increasing though.

I know the City owns a lot of land over there and they are trying to come up with to develop the land without experiencing extreme gentrification. I read something sometime some of their plans would require approval from the Legislature to implement. That was about a year ago. I have not run across any more information on this topic though.

With the development of the airport to the North of this property, I think this land will become more sought after and will attract more investment. It will be interesting to see how the City handles these issues.

That is all East of I-35...literally the other side of the tracks in Austin.  It is night and day when you cross I-35 heading east.  I know land values over there have been increasing though.

I know the City owns a lot of land over there and they are trying to come up with to develop the land without experiencing extreme gentrification.  I read something sometime some of their plans would require approval from the Legislature to implement.  That was about a year ago.  I have not run across any more information on this topic though.

With the development of the airport to the North of this property, I think this land will become more sought after and will attract more investment.  It will be interesting to see how the City handles these issues.

Well if the grits have to be moved out, they will move somewhere else in the city. Can't make up excuses everywhere they go.

• 3 months later...

Archived