Top Democratic and Republican fundraising areas in Houston.

WesternGulf

I thought this was interesting. Of course red=rep, blue= dem

houston.gif

Houston:

Top Democratic Buildings:

1801 Milford St: $58,000

2121 Kirby Dr Unit 85: $54,000

2930 Lazy Lane Blvd: $54,000

3200 Travis St: $50,000

3808 Inverness Drive: $37,500

Top Republican Buildings:

601 Jefferson: $151,000

1001 FANNIN St: $129,800

3640 Del Monte: $104,000

2247 Troon Rd: $104,000

2001 KIRBY DRIVE: $71,850

Here are how other major cities rank:

New York

Los Angeles

Boston

Washington DC

Chicago

Dallas

Atlanta

San Francisco

St Louis

Cincinnati

Minneapolis

usa_cities.gif

You guys sound shocked that there is actually such a thing as a rich Democrat. Do the math, most of the blue states are on the east and west coast. Most of the states on the east and west coast are at the top of the wealth charts.

Rich republicans are a stereotype. Poor democrats are a stereotype.

This website actually has Bellaire as the most liberal area in Texas.

http://www.epodunk.com/top10/liberal/

That website annoys the hell out of me. The notion that people want to find neighborhoods with clusters of like-minded groups of people to live in...its right up there on par with churches that develop suburban communities for their congregation to live in.

Sure, it promotes some sense of community and togetherness, but why would someone in their right mind want to live in a neighborhood where no one will ever disagree with you or challenge you intellectually? How terribly boring and anti-intellectual.

That website annoys the hell out of me. The notion that people want to find neighborhoods with clusters of like-minded groups of people to live in...its right up there on par with churches that develop suburban communities for their congregation to live in.

Sure, it promotes some sense of community and togetherness, but why would someone in their right mind want to live in a neighborhood where no one will ever disagree with you or challenge you intellectually? How terribly boring and anti-intellectual.

TWO high fives to that post! :D

(But.....we both know that there are some that do just that)

Duh ! That was SARCASM, Meyerland and Bellaire, are both filled with old Jewish folks. So NO, I am not "shocked" at all, I already knew who lives there.

Ok, I am NOT surprised AT ALL, that these areas are blue. :lol: Jeez Louise !

TJones, I caught it, but in reality that's an outdated political stereotype too. Israel gets a lot more love from conservatives these days than liberals. Because of that a lot of red state Jewish people have jumped over to the Republican side.

Archived