It's Coming To Galveston A Full Blown Resort

I like my Galveston old school, that's all. Prices are getting out of hand. The lot next to ours in Jamacia Beach just flipped from $20K to $40K in six months. That's not a good sign for us normal folks.

If its true; ten bucks says its the old sea-arama site

You know it has to be. After that it's a State Park and then Jamaica Beach.

Don't get out much, eh?

But a true Beach Resort is on the beach.

Running across the street to the beach does not count.

Unless the connect to the bay.

There is no beach West of 61st so if that were the case id say west of the end of the seawall. But the beach is really close to the highway in someplaces and always getting closer.

But a true Beach Resort is on the beach.

Running across the street to the beach does not count.

This is the best quote i've seen in a long time. This is absolutely true. This is the quandry for Galveston. How to build a resort that will be protected, provide direct beach access, but not intrude on the solitude of the existing developments like Pirates or Jamaica, but also not be way East in the sticks? I am a fan of the San Luis and Galvez, but those buildings could be anywhere. They just happen to be across the street from a beach. As Midtown says, a TRUE resort must have direct beach access.

I am telling you they have figured it out. I don't have all of the info yet, but what i do know is the most innovative thing i've seen. It's not huge numbers of units, so don't worry about that. No smoke and mirrors.

Exclusive but affordable. Major focus on the landscaping and pools.

Very cool.

There is no beach West of 61st so if that were the case id say west of the end of the seawall. But the beach is really close to the highway in someplaces and always getting closer.

Actually there is beach west of 61st. It's now official, Editor now has to change the "Galveston" subforum description! lol

• 2 weeks later...
It will be somewhere west of 61st and will be the most exciting thing Galveston has ever seen. Look for an announcement in the next 6 weeks or so. More as it leaks out...but it is an established developer, so no worries about pie in the sky type dreams.

Could it be the old Chopoton ranch property? I know its over 1,000 acres and has at least some land on the Gulf side of FM 3005. That'd do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...
Spill the beans already TNJ !!! Just kidding, but thanks for keeping us posted thumbsup9av.gif

Heard from my contacts within the City Gov that developer is Randall Davis and his team was down in Galveston yesterday meeting with some of the Powers that Be to discuss specifics. Their office is allegedly taking options on the project, although i haven't called RD's office to confirm this.

You heard it hear first!!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Name of project is Diamond.....

Heard from my contacts within the City Gov that developer is Randall Davis and his team was down in Galveston yesterday meeting with some of the Powers that Be to discuss specifics. Their office is allegedly taking options on the project, although i haven't called RD's office to confirm this.

Damn. I don't particularly care for Randall Davis.

Damn. I don't particularly care for Randall Davis.

He gets developments done. I am not crazy about ALL of his developments, but at least he builds what he announces. READ: Cosmopolitan, Emerald, Sapphire, Empire, Vegas, just in the past two years alone. I just hate hearing about Redstone, Orion, 2727, and the like that never make it to market. At least RD follows through. I am excited about it.

He gets developments done. I am not crazy about ALL of his developments, but at least he builds what he announces. READ: Cosmopolitan, Emerald, Sapphire, Empire, Vegas, just in the past two years alone. I just hate hearing about Redstone, Orion, 2727, and the like that never make it to market. At least RD follows through. I am excited about it.

True enough...and they sell well. I can't dispute that. Still, I'd have preferred a developer that has the guts to try out designs that are new and creative, even with the higher risk profile.

Thanks again TNJ! I was very excited when you mentioned Randall Davis' name. What do you mean by Randall Davis' office is taking options, I'm not quite sure I understand?

Diamond huh, I guess his crown jewel will rest in G-Town after all! We get the "Emerald" and "Diamond" while Padre gets "Sapphire" :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with the process, so I will go ahead and ask. Roughly how long does it generally take in between this stage and renderings showing up on his website, or does it just all depend?

Thanks again TNJ! I was very excited when you mentioned Randall Davis' name. What do you mean by Randall Davis' office is taking options, I'm not quite sure I understand?

Diamond huh, I guess his crown jewel will rest in G-Town after all! We get the "Emerald" and "Diamond" while Padre gets "Sapphire" :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with the process, so I will go ahead and ask. Roughly how long does it generally take in between this stage and renderings showing up on his website, or does it just all depend?

I have no idea how much time passes before renderings show up.

I do know that it is better to get in earlier rather than late on projects that go.

I would call RD's office to find out, or maybe Personette...

Here's the skinny on what i have heard: some type of river that is as long as the Hyatt's in San Antonio and a private Beach. Sounds like a stretch, but who knows?

Always Looking For the Truth

TNJ

Yup. That's why they have those fights over houses on the beach after a storm. Once the vegetation line moves behind the house, it is ours.

I wouldn't get too bogged down over semantics. The design allegedly creates a sandy beach condition on private property similar to the real beach, only much, much nicer. This would create a nice place for families to sit and enjoy white sand while staring at the water, etc... And, as we all know, nobody goes to Galveston for the water. It is sitting on the sand to enjoy the sound and the breeze that is nice. The water is brown and infested with seaweed and jellyfish.

So, all you who are looking to confiscate everyone's property at the drop of a hat should go elsewhere.... :D

We'll see. Stay tuned. Good to see so much interest in Galveston. Hopefully other projects will follow. I love a good debate....

TNJ

I wouldn't get too bogged down over semantics. The design allegedly creates a sandy beach condition on private property similar to the real beach, only much, much nicer. This would create a nice place for families to sit and enjoy white sand while staring at the water, etc... And, as we all know, nobody goes to Galveston for the water. It is sitting on the sand to enjoy the sound and the breeze that is nice. The water is brown and infested with seaweed and jellyfish.

So, all you who are looking to confiscate everyone's property at the drop of a hat should go elsewhere.... :D

We'll see. Stay tuned. Good to see so much interest in Galveston. Hopefully other projects will follow. I love a good debate....

TNJ

So it'll be more like a simulated beach?

The image that's coming into my mind is a situation where they dig a channel from the resort to the bay with a fairly big 'bulb' of water in the middle of the island that was then stirred up with a large wave generator in the middle. Then they'd dump a lot of sand along the edge and grade the slope from the resort to the "beach", possibly regrading it every day and replacing the sand every winter to keep it relatively clean.

I'm probably way off the mark, but that's the image that came to my mind.

It will be somewhere west of 61st and will be the most exciting thing Galveston has ever seen. Look for an announcement in the next 6 weeks or so. More as it leaks out...but it is an established developer, so no worries about pie in the sky type dreams.

Where can I find more information on this?

Where can I find more information on this?

First of all, kudos on the KISS graphics. Haven't seen this many KISS references in a long time. Very nice.

As far as this project, i got a boot leg copy of a site plan from a broker in Galveston over the weekend. However, i have no idea how to post or i would....It is already an electronic copy, i just don't know how to put it on the site, no scanning necessary.

If someone wants to explain how to post, please do and i will see if i can accomplish....

Thanks.

http://www.imageshack.us

1. Hit the "browse" button - (should bring up a folder with your documents)

2. Select your document, then hit "open"

3. Hit the "host it" button (the uploading begins)

4. Copy the url at the bottom that reads " Direct link to image"

5. Paste that url to this site

6. Add the "img" tags to that url; which means, to the end, and %7Boption%7D at the beginning of the url

Archived