Joyland Amusement Park At 500 Canyon Lake Dr.

mrfootball

News out of Lubbock, TX -- One of the classics will live on. Joyland Amusement Park, in Lubbock has purchased the classic 'Greezed Lightning' roller coaster from Six Flags Astroworld. She'll be operational in 2007.

http://www.sixflagshouston.com/photos/categories/greezed/Greezed_042603_8.jpg

• Like 1

News out of Lubbock, TX -- One of the classics will live on. Joyland Amusement Park, in Lubbock has purchased the classic 'Greezed Lightning' roller coaster from Six Flags Astroworld. She'll be operational in 2007.

Greezed_042603_8.jpg

Oh thank you!!! THERE IS A GOD! :)

I can ride her yet again!!! :D

(but in lubbock :( )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If I remember correctly, I heard that the Ultratwister was being shipped back to Europe.

I think I might of seen a comercial with what looked like the Ultra twister here. Not sure where that park was either here in the UK or somewhere else in Europe.

I'm sure I saw the Batman ride here too. When I got out of highschool I worked at Astroworld and Batmane the Escape was my first ride I worked at. It was originally known as the shockwave. When I saw the comercial it said it was "the shockwave......standing rollercoaster.....new this year at_______" so I'm pretty sure this is the Batman ride from Astroworld

Not exactly new news regarding Greezed Lightnin, but a full list of where what is going can be found here:

http://www.sixflagshouston.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1368

Ultra-Twister was shipped to Washington DC, btw, but its future remains unclear.

Thanks for the list. That is very comprehensive. I am bummed that the cyclone was scrapped. It would have been cool to keep it up and let a new developer integrate it into their plan. I am sure the up-keep would be too much, but I would pay $5 a ride and I would also ride it 5 times in a row. Oh well, live goes on.

Thanks for the list. That is very comprehensive. I am bummed that the cyclone was scrapped. It would have been cool to keep it up and let a new developer integrate it into their plan. I am sure the up-keep would be too much, but I would pay $5 a ride and I would also ride it 5 times in a row. Oh well, live goes on.

So true. :(

• The title was changed to Astroworld's Greezed Lightnin Lives On
  • The title was changed to Joyland Amusement Park At 500 Canyon Lake Dr.