mod homes in B-CS

nativehou

My husband and I live in Houston but would like to buy a second home in College Station or Bryan -- preferably a mod-style home built in the 50s or 60s. We have seen a few older neighborhoods near A&M that had several mod homes, but we don't know the names of the neighborhoods. Can anyone help me in that regard?

If you're not familiar with mod homes, here's a link to photos of a Houston neighborhood well known for its mod architecture...

http://www.glenbrookvalley.com/index.php?pageId=181786

It may or may not count, but Bear Bryant's old home is for sale in the Oak Terrace area in Bryan. I'll try to see if I can find a listing online. The neighborhood was developed in the 50's, but may be more ranch-style than you are looking for.

The area due south of A&M has a few mod homes. Try the area north of Holleman and south of George Bush. There may also be some on the east side of texas avenue(not sure what that neighboorhood is called, i think its called college hills or something).

A lot of the 'weird' houses in college station are contemporaries from the 70's.

It may or may not count, but Bear Bryant's old home is for sale in the Oak Terrace area in Bryan. I'll try to see if I can find a listing online. The neighborhood was developed in the 50's, but may be more ranch-style than you are looking for.

Well, you've piqued my husband's interest! Yes, if you can find a listing, we'd love to see it.

I found the house at www.bcsrealtor.com. Enter the MLS# 34008 under Property Search. Looks like it was built in 1954.

I spoke to a realtor who said there is a contract already on Bear Bryant's house. But thanks for the heads up! It looked great.

Archived