Nice Afternoon

Montrose1100

Jeebus,

Do you still have to hold it still if you don't have dirt to spike it in? Is there a base pad accessory so it can stand alone on hard surfaces?

I have the same problem montrose has-I can't hold it steady on my own for very long.

Thanks.

B)

I know this is a little late, but the Bogen monopod Jeebus was suggesting comes with a rubber foot. The spike is inside the foot which is exposed by twisting.

Where are those two skylobbies?

The first one is the JP Morgan Chase Tower, (600 Travis St.) It is on the 60th floor. The second is the 59th floor of the Wells Fargo Plaza. -which also has another sky lobby on the 30 (something) floor.

The first one is the JP Morgan Chase Tower, (600 Travis St.) It is on the 60th floor. The second is the 59th floor of the Wells Fargo Plaza. -which also has another sky lobby on the 30 (something) floor.

The higher sky lobby at Wells Fargo Plaza (1000 Louisiana, f/k/a Allied Bank Plaza, First Interstate Bank Plaza) is located on the 58th and 59th floors. An escalator connects the floors, so you have windows that are two floors tall. There is no charge to visit -- it is a lobby -- and there are tables and chairs on the 58th floor so you can eat lunch if you wish. From the street level take the elevator to the 59th floor or pick up something to eat in the tunnel and then take the elevator from the tunnel level to the 58th floor. The view is to the east and south. There are a number of freelance tour guides who always bring their groups to this sky lobby. The lower sky lobby is on the 23th/24th floors (give or take a floor) and is organized the same way (connecting elevator, etc.) I work in the building, but haven't been to the lower sky lobby in 15 years. The building is open on Saturdays until noon.

Archived