Kelsey-Seybold Clinic News & Updates

Anyone have experience with the Kelsey-Seybold Clinic hospital system?

I've read a lot of negative feedback lately, but my dermatologist works out of the Memorial clinic.  Great doctor, great in-person service, and free parking.  The co-pay/billing isn't complicated and the online platform is easy to work with.

I used to visit the Tanglewood clinic a lot.  Again, free parking and great experience. One advantage of the Tanglewood clinic is you had the ability to do blood and lab work on-site.  I thought I remember Baylor College of Medicine requiring me to go get my own lab work done? It was an inconvenience compared to Kelsey-Seybold.

https://www.kelsey-seybold.com/

I don't know what you've read recently that's negative.   Kelsey is growing like a weed.  The medical service it provides is as good as any other Healthcare provider system.  I don't use Kelsey but my parents do so I'm extremely familiar with their campuses.  I believe the city of Houston also uses Kelsey for their employees. 

• Thanks 1

I've used Kelsey for more than 20 years. My PCP was based out of the Tanglewood location until he retired several years ago. To my mind, one of Kelsey's advantages was that it was owned and operated by a group of physicians. You are probably aware of this already, but a couple of years ago Kelsey was bought by United Healthcare and they are now operated by United's Optum subsidiary. Probably the only thing worse than a healthcare provider being owned by a huge insurance company is being owned by a private equity firm. While I can't say that I've noticed major changes as a result of the change in ownership so far, I have noticed some little things that IMO are not for the better, but I'm not 100% sure if some of those can be attributed to the difference in styles between my former doctor and the one I'm seeing now. For now, I'm continuing to use Kelsey, but I'm keeping a close watch for anything that seems suboptimal, and won't hesitate to switch providers if I think it's necessary to do so. 

Not sure where you've been seeing negative feedback, but if you haven't already done so I'd encourage you to do a search for "Kelsey" on the Houston subreddit. There are some pretty eye-opening comments there regarding a decline in the quality of services and billing issues.

• Thanks 1