807 W 19th. St

59 minutes ago, htxcitizen77008 said:

Anyone have any idea on what's going on here? Dumpster out front, building looks to be getting repainted. 

I would like to know too. Amsterdam Cocktail Co. operated here. The bar is closed. Whether the closure is temporary or not, I don't know.

22 hours ago, htxcitizen77008 said:

Interesting. I wonder what's going in with seemingly lots of construction occurring there.

I looked up 807 W 19th St on the 311 app and there were several complaints filed. The most recent one is from this week for building code violation.

According to the complaint, work on the property is being done without a construction permit. However, I searched the permit database and there was plan reviewing fee purchased for 807 W 19th St back in October. Gage Architecture purchased the permit. Based on the Plan Review Inspection Report, the plans were not approved and returned back to the applicant in January.

I don't know when Amsterdam Cocktail Co. closed its doors. So, I'm not certain if the plan review permit was for Amsterdam or whatever is replacing it.

Link to the 311 report

https://houston311.powerappsportals.us/en-US/checkcasestatus/casedetail/?id=cd66d9ef-f0e5-ee11-904d-001dd80b3e11

Plan reviewing fee

KY8kZYG.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 11:45 AM, springcityparts said:

I saw this on FB Marketplace a few weeks ago, looks like it sold: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/721734873079008/

Nice find, @springcityparts. Thank you for passing this along.

From the Facebook Marketplace listing for 807 W 19th St, where Amsterdam Cocktail Co. operated:

Beautiful restaurant in Heights area; privileged location; excellent clientele; truly a dream. It has a grease trap already installed and space to make a kitchen. The lease is really amazing $5400 . ALL PERMITS UNDER NEW OWNER NAME ARE INCLUDED !!!! The building is not included just the business installed.

On 3/20/2024 at 6:05 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I looked up 807 W 19th St on the 311 app and there were several complaints filed. The most recent one is from this week for building code violation.

According to the complaint, work on the property is being done without a construction permit. However, I searched the permit database and there was plan reviewing fee purchased for 807 W 19th St back in October. Gage Architecture purchased the permit. Based on the Plan Review Inspection Report, the plans were not approved and returned back to the applicant in January.

I don't know when Amsterdam Cocktail Co. closed its doors. So, I'm not certain if the plan review permit was for Amsterdam or whatever is replacing it.

Link to the 311 report

https://houston311.powerappsportals.us/en-US/checkcasestatus/casedetail/?id=cd66d9ef-f0e5-ee11-904d-001dd80b3e11

Plan reviewing fee

KY8kZYG.png

I'm wondering if this permit was for them to change over from a "Coffee Shop" to being a bar/lounge when they were still operating. 

On 3/21/2024 at 9:15 AM, htxcitizen77008 said:

I'm wondering if this permit was for them to change over from a "Coffee Shop" to being a bar/lounge when they were still operating. 

I don't know. Either way, there is some kind of construction or renovation going on beyond painting that has not been greenlighted by the city.  A city inspector visited the 807 W 19th St property March 20th and red tagged it. Their notes are below:

I55 on 311 complaint for unpermitted construction. Upon arrival no contact was made. From city right of way I55 observed some unpermitted construction that has been done. Two windows have been removed from the front of the building by the door. I55 did not have access to the inside of the building, but there is a construction dumpster with remanence of construction being done. In the back of the property there is a canopy structure that has been constructed with stairs and electrical connected. This project will require a remodel permit, coded for all trades. 1st red tag posted, and follow up scheduled.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

38 minutes ago, htxcitizen77008 said:

Google Maps now shows: "In Between the Buns (Food Truck)" as a location at this if you search the address. Wondering if this food truck is now trying to open a brick & mortar location. 

The Google Maps listing for food truck In Between the Buns is not new. It's been listed since the food truck opened.

In Between the Buns initially operated at 807 W 19th St when it debuted several years ago. Nowadays, the truck travels to various sites around Houston.

• Like 1