MD Anderson Dorothy Hudson Garden And LeRoy Melcher Jr. Fountain At 1515 Holcombe Blvd.

I never looked hard enough at this beautiful garden and fountain.  I don't know who Dorothy Hudson is, but LeRoy Melcher is a commercial real estate developer. Smaller company with only a handful of properties but he has been in the business for a while.

Spring season so the flowers are blooming! Very nice arrangement.

Here are a few pictures I took over the weekend:

The Dorothy H. Hudson Memorial Garden:

4Kky3Lu.jpeg

Welcome to the Chrysalis Gardens, A Place of Healing and Discovery.

FObG899.jpeg

9YwM1Ly.jpeg

Flame sculpture art.
A symbol of knowledge, achievement, and hope for the future.

Commissioned to mark the Golden Jubilee of The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center and to honor patients and employees.

Celebrated in 1991.

2NfydPD.jpeg

gM0NTdK.jpeg

K8QvLMW.jpeg

FMZcuUE.jpeg

wurZh8s.jpeg

wRd0DL3.jpeg

nYHYthI.jpeg

LeRoy Melcher, Jr. Memorial Fountain

A reminder that peace and tranquility, are best shared. A gift to the patients and employees of The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center from Mr. and Mrs. LeRoy Melcher, Sr., LeRow Melcher III, Pierre Melcher, Marc Melcher, Dodd Melcher.

And other devoted family members and friends

Established 1990.

64LlavS.jpeg

FF8rQtP.jpeg

nnTpWam.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

I never looked hard enough at this beautiful garden and fountain.  I don't know who Dorothy Hudson is, but LeRoy Melcher is a commercial real estate developer. Smaller company with only a handful of properties but he has been in the business for a while.

LeRoy Melcher Jr. died from lung cancer in 1981 at the age of 42. I'm guessing he was treated at MD Anderson, as I believe his mother Lucile was responsible for this fountain built in his memory. His father, LeRoy Sr., was the founder of the U-Tote-M chain of convenience stores. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1