Max Westheimer Home At 4018 Yoakum Blvd.

Highrise Tower

Just discovered Max Wesheimer's home in a newspaper article. Max was once of M.L. Westheimer's nephews.

I looked on Google Maps and 1400 Chenevert is now a surface lot. I wonder how big his house was?

From the newspaper The Jewish Herald-Voice dated September 22, 1938.

Westheimer - Mr. and Mrs. Max and nephew, Mr. Joseph J. Eisemann, 1400 Chenevert, extend best wishes to all their friends and relatives for a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

cMcRIpZ.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

Just discovered Max Wesheimer's home in a newspaper article. Max was once of M.L. Westheimer's nephews.

I looked on Google Maps and 1400 Chenevert is now a surface lot. I wonder how big his house was?

From the newspaper The Jewish Herald-Voice dated September 22, 1938.

Westheimer - Mr. and Mrs. Max and nephew, Mr. Joseph J. Eisemann, 1400 Chenevert, extend best wishes to all their friends and relatives for a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

cMcRIpZ.jpg

I think that was a temporary place to live while their house at 4018 Yoakum was renovated(or some other reason). The 1937 directory shows Max Westheimer at 1404 Chenevert Apt 4

image.png.02c2afca90b1d36a58fff8abacb1cde0.png

The 1922 directory and his death certificate show the address as 4018 Yoakum, which would better match the concept of a mansion than an apartment. The Yoakum address is now part of St Thomas University. Westheimer's widow's estate sold the property to St Thomas in 1970. She died in 1967. The Yoakum property was pretty big, 150x150

Westheimer.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Max Westheimer Home At 4018 Yoakum Blvd.