Yia Yia Pappas Restaurant At 2410 Richmond Ave.

• 3 years later...

Pappas Restaurants closed the Upper Kirby location of Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in 2020. The following year, the restaurant group announced a Greek restaurant will open at 2410 Richmond Ave. Called Yia Yia Pappas, the eatery anticipated opening in 2022.

More from CultureMap:

Pappas Restaurants will rebrand Yia Yia Mary's Mediterranean Kitchen as Yia Yia Pappas... Slated to open in the summer of 2022, Yia Yia Pappas will occupy the former Pappadeaux space at 2410 Richmond Ave. It replaces the original location at the corner of San Felipe and the West Loop that closed last year.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/05-13-21-yia-yia-marys-new-name-yia-yia-pappas-restaurants-upper-kirby/

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Yia Yia Pappas Restaurant At 2410 Richmond Ave.

How strange...there wasn't a topic or thread anywhere on this forum specifically for 2410 Richmond Ave prior to October 24. I looked thoroughly using the forum's search function. I typed in the address, used quotes, typed in the name of the business. And nothing. Furthermore, I searched using Google and there wasn't a topic at all. 

Then as of yesterday, there is a topic, except it's not the one I started two weeks ago. Instead, a certain moderator merged their post from another topic that was not about 2410 Richmond Ave or Pappadeaux. And of course, edited the title of the topic created last month. 

Highrise Tower has done this with others, according to complaints from other members sent via private messages. I never noticed this until now since this is the second time in two or three weeks this HT as done this to threads I created (when there weren't ones from the get go). 

Anyway...does anyone with further insight into the interior renovations for Yia Yia Pappas?

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• 5 months later...

Plans for 2410 Richmond Ave were approved for permitting last month.

Below is a screenshot of the plan review inspection report.

2410 Richmond Ave was the former location of Pappadeaux. A few years ago, Pappas Restaurants announced plans to open Yia Yia Pappas on the property.

Yia Yia Pappas is an iteration of its popular Greek restaurant Yia Yia Mary's. The restaurant operated at 4747 San Felipe until the COVID pandemic.

ao0pOu0.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Plans for 2410 Richmond Ave were approved for permitting last month.

Below is a screenshot of the plan review inspection report.

2410 Richmond Ave was the former location of Pappadeaux. A few years ago, Pappas Restaurants announced plans to open Yia Yia Pappas on the property.

Yia Yia Pappas is an iteration of its popular Greek restaurant Yia Yia Mary's. The restaurant operated at 4747 San Felipe until the COVID pandemic.

ao0pOu0.jpeg

Several permits were purchased for 2410 Richmond Ave in mid to late March:

• Structural permit
  • Certificate of occupancy
  • Plumbing permit

Details from the permits:

• Use: 11,150 sf restaurant remodel 1-1-5-a2-b '15 IBC 100% Spk
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

The former site of Pappadeaux will be renovated in preparation for Yia Yia Pappas. The restaurant is a rebrand of Yia Yia Mary's which was located at 4747 San Felipe.

Structural permit

HUggJef.png

Certificate of occupancy

5MFVXsj.png

Plumbing permit

odv4rol.png

• Like 2

Two permits were purchased last week for 2410 Richmond Ave:

• Electrical permit
  • Mechanical permit

Details from the permits:

• Use: 11,150 sf restaurant remodel 1-1-5-a2-b '15 IBC 100% Spk
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

The former site of Pappadeaux is undergoing renovations for Yia Yia Pappas. The restaurant is a rebrand of Yia Yia Mary's which was located at 4747 San Felipe.

Electrical permit

8NmL2Ot.png

Mechanical permit

ZDkyzg9.png

• Like 1