Medical Clinic Of Houston At 1701 Sunset Blvd.

dimin2

Speaking of expansion.. The Medical Clinic of Houston on Sunset is going through an expansion. There has been talk in the neighborhood surrounding it about the effect this will have on them. Some are fearing that Medical Clinic can claim eminent domain because of its relationship with the Texas Medical Center. Others are wondering about developers coming in and buying up houses because the land is so valuable. Here is my question for you. If you lived in a small neighborhood, let's say, 8 acres, and by some miracle all of you agreed that a buyout was your best option, what developers in town do you think have the greatest capital and capability to buy neighborhoods out?(I posted this question on another HAIF site but haven't received a response yet)

• Like 1

Speaking of expansion.. The Medical Clinic of Houston on Sunset is going through an expansion. There has been talk in the neighborhood surrounding it about the effect this will have on them. Some are fearing that Medical Clinic can claim eminent domain because of its relationship with the Texas Medical Center. Others are wondering about developers coming in and buying up houses because the land is so valuable. Here is my question for you. If you lived in a small neighborhood, let's say, 8 acres, and by some miracle all of you agreed that a buyout was your best option, what developers in town do you think have the greatest capital and capability to buy neighborhoods out?(I posted this question on another HAIF site but haven't received a response yet)

Good question. I've seen it done with condos, but a whole single-family neighborhood might be difficult. Are there deed restrictions? Anything in them about neighborhood buyouts? That's probably the only way that you could actually make it happen. Otherwise, the peacemeal process just gets bogged down with a few hold-outs that refuse to sell until their homes are already surrounded by a concrete jungle.

For a TMC land play, if everything lined up easily, there'd be no shortage of firms willing and able to buy the land. The neighborhood just needs to hire a broker and make it all happen.

Good question. I've seen it done with condos, but a whole single-family neighborhood might be difficult. Are there deed restrictions? Anything in them about neighborhood buyouts? That's probably the only way that you could actually make it happen. Otherwise, the peacemeal process just gets bogged down with a few hold-outs that refuse to sell until their homes are already surrounded by a concrete jungle.

For a TMC land play, if everything lined up easily, there'd be no shortage of firms willing and able to buy the land. The neighborhood just needs to hire a broker and make it all happen.

You are right. And I'm assuming the neighborhoods around the Medical Clinic are deed restricted. But even within the restrictions, they probably have a clause about being able to make amendments. We live in Knollwood and I know somewhere we have acceptions though I've never actually seen the written restrictions.

You are right. And I'm assuming the neighborhoods around the Medical Clinic are deed restricted. But even within the restrictions, they probably have a clause about being able to make amendments. We live in Knollwood and I know somewhere we have acceptions though I've never actually seen the written restrictions.

Well that's just the thing is that if you want to encourage a neighborhood buyout, deed restrictions are just about your only hope. Otherwise, it's every man for himself, and there'll be holdouts that discourage land assemblage.

Well that's just the thing is that if you want to encourage a neighborhood buyout, deed restrictions are just about your only hope. Otherwise, it's every man for himself, and there'll be holdouts that discourage land assemblage.

It makes me think of the woman in Dallas who refused to give up her shack for the new stadium that was going to be built. She hung in there later than anyone else, and her little $30,000 shack made her a millionaire when she finally gave in to the developers..