The Post Oak School At 4600 Bissonnet St.

Highrise Tower

Weirdly enough, I've never seen the (2nd) original The Post Oak School talked about on HAIF.  Thought I would create a thread.

Did anyone ever go to this school? That block has a historical location!  The school campus next door, Episcopal High School, is one of the most expensive schools in Houston!

I know of 3 different The Post Oak Schools

1 - The original on Westheimer & Post Oak in the early 1900s.

2 - 4600 Bissonnet Street in Bellaire.

3 - Their new high school, located at 1010 Autrey Street in Montrose.

https://www.postoakschool.org/

• Like 1

The Post Oak School in Bellaire was built in 1985.  Here's a newspaper article about it from the newspaper The Texan dated March 13, 1985.

School construction starts

A new school facility is going up in Bellaire.

Construction began last week on a $4.5 million school building for the Post Oak School (formerly Post Oak Montessori School) across the street from there present location at 6300 Ave. B and Bissonnet Road.

The new 32,000 square-foot school facility will sit on 3-1/2 acres located on the north-west corner of the intersection of Avenue B and Bissonnet Road.

Completion of the facility is scheduled for the January 1986, said acting director Patty Thompson.

The school will have the capacity for 400 students, which is approximately double the current enrollment of the school.

The school site will include a two-story administration building, approximately nine classrooms, and will feature a training center for the Texas Montessori Institute which trains educators to teach the Montessori methods--

T6YgHz6.jpg

Model of the school:

bndbMq9.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...