Apartments At 1800 Holcombe Blvd.

Highrise Tower

I discovered a very unique multifamily complex! Hidden a long side a tall hospital/apartment tower that took all the fame- The tower next to the small, garden-style complex was called The Park Towers Apartments/The Center Pavilion Hospital at 1700 Holcombe Blvd.

I found the apartment complex on a Google Earth capture dated 1989.  Looks like they were built between 1957 and 1962.  Appears to have been demolished sometime around 2002 and replaced with a surface parking lot for MD Anderson's Radiology Outpatient Center located at 1700 Holcombe Blvd.

Does anyone recall these small apartments? I'm interested in the name of the apartments.

kBkRSkR.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 2:50 PM, Subdude said:

I couldn't find my source for this, but I believe this building was acquired by the Medical Center and then used for offices. 

Most likely a typo, but I found this strange.  Everyone knew the Prudential address.

From the newspaper The Bellaire & Southwestern Texan dated March 8, 1967.

Oral Deaf Adult Meeting Tonight

The Parents Group of Houston School for Deaf Children will met with Joseph Slotnick, programming analyst with Systems Development Corp. of Los Angeles on Wednesday, March 8, a 7:30 p.m. in the Prudential Building auditorium, 1800 Holcombe Blvd.

0owBl5K.jpg