Punch-Throughs To Beltway 8 On Kingsley & Kirby Dr.

BWSchultz

I've been driving down 2234 in Pearland fairly frequently and it looks like the Kirby punch through to Beltway 8 is nearly completion. I think when it's done Kirby will be an east-bound exit from Beltway 8.

It also looked like they were really kicking off work on the Kingsley (exactly one mile east of Kirby) punch-through as well. They've graded the land at this point. I'm not sure if they'll have an exit/entry to/from Beltway 8 or not or if it will just be accessible via the feeder by getting on/off from a different exit. Ideally, they should make Kirby east bound exit/entrance and Kingsley westbound exit/entrance. But because the two exits straddle a toll, I'm guessing it will be made as inconvenient as possible.

I noticed the whole Kingsley and Kirby thing near Shadow Creek Ranch not too long ago. Crazy. Also, the southern suburbs are growing very quickly, although I still don't see the appeal. 288 will be a rural 59 all the way past the beltway during rush hour in a couple of years. I am sure TX dot are already stirring up plans for expansions.

I noticed the whole Kingsley and Kirby thing near Shadow Creek Ranch not too long ago. Crazy. Also, the southern suburbs are growing very quickly, although I still don't see the appeal. 288 will be a rural 59 all the way past the beltway during rush hour in a couple of years. I am sure TX dot are already stirring up plans for expansions.

I'm sure they are. The good thing is that there is a lot of room between the northbound and southbound lanes now for expansion. Perhaps one instance of planning ahead. Also, there has been some discussion about adding direct connectors between B8 and 288.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to give status on this.... Kingsley now goes all the way through Shadow Creek Ranch from 518 to Beltway 8. You can drive north on Kingsley out of SCR towards B8. There you join the B8 feeder and head towards 288. You can bypass the toll west of 288. However, because of that toll, there is no entrance ramp to B8 from the feeder here (nor will there be one from Kirby when that is finished) so you still have to go through the stoplight at 288 before entering B8 just east of 288. Kingsley is not accessible by the westbound traffic on B8.

When the Kirby extension is complete (early June from what I know) Kirby will be an exit to eastbound traffic and accessible from the westbound feeder. It will not have an exit for the westbound traffic so if you want to take Kirby here, you will need to exit 288, go through the stoplight there, and stay on the feeder until B8 crosses Kirby a mile down the road.

• 2 months later...
When the Kirby extension is complete (early June from what I know) Kirby will be an exit to eastbound traffic and accessible from the westbound feeder. It will not have an exit for the westbound traffic so if you want to take Kirby here, you will need to exit 288, go through the stoplight there, and stay on the feeder until B8 crosses Kirby a mile down the road.

They opened the Kirby Extension this weekend..... BW 8 to 518, crossing The Spectrum and SCR.

• 2 years later...

There is some construction going on West Kirby a block south of BW8. It seems like it will have a big pond right in front of Kirby. Any ideas what is going on there?

It also seems like a new apartment complex is going up east of Kingsley on 2234 and saw that Hilton Garden Inn is finally open for business.

• 2 weeks later...
There is some construction going on West Kirby a block south of BW8. It seems like it will have a big pond right in front of Kirby. Any ideas what is going on there?

That's not a pond, just digging out for the foundation.

Also curious what is going in there. My guess is strip mall or office space. I'll be shocked if someone doesn't put a gas station on one of the corners of Kirby/BW8.

That's not a pond, just digging out for the foundation.

Also curious what is going in there. My guess is strip mall or office space. I'll be shocked if someone doesn't put a gas station on one of the corners of Kirby/BW8.

You are right, when I first saw it, they were just starting digging this area and looked like a pond-shape one.

Seems like it is actually two big Office/Warehouses buildings. The one farthest west is up already. Great location with quick access to BW8, 288 and 521. Saw a sign from http://www.linbeck.com/ but no details on their website of current projects.

Is there a car wash on 2234 west of 288? I'm hoping they will build one in the new developments there somewhere. We need something like a Bubbles on the west side of Pearland.

Not yet, but it will come eventually. I do not venture to the one on the Silverlake area specially during 518 Rush hour (6am-10pm), so they would get my business.

Bubbles or Mr. Car Wash I'd be fine with.

I do not venture to the one on the Silverlake area specially during 518 Rush hour (6am-10pm), so they would get my business.

Bubbles or Mr. Car Wash I'd be fine with.

Don't bother with the one at Silverlake on 518, they are bad. And expensive.

Is there a car wash on 2234 west of 288? I'm hoping they will build one in the new developments there somewhere. We need something like a Bubbles on the west side of Pearland.

Maybe I'm off, but that hole in the front with the drainage pipes feeding into it sure looks like retention pond to me. Drove by there today.

Maybe I'm off, but that hole in the front with the drainage pipes feeding into it sure looks like retention pond to me. Drove by there today.

You are correct, I went by today and it certainly is a retention pond / man made water feature.

• The title was changed to Punch-Throughs To Beltway 8 On Kingsley & Kirby Dr.

Archived