2024 NCAA National Football Championship

hindesky

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/08/17/college-football-championship-houston-events.html

"The CFP and Houston host committee unveiled a weekend full of events that will take place before college football’s premier matchup at NRG Stadium on Jan. 8, 2024. Activities include a fan festival, three-day concert series, 5K and 10K races, and an event featuring food and drinks prepared by local chefs. "

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, MarlonVaremez said:

I was checking out the NCAAF consensus picks before the game, and man, the community was really divided. It's fascinating to see how people were weighing in. Statistics and past performances sometimes just don't capture the unpredictability and sheer emotion of a championship game, do they?While the data nerds among us might have had their spreadsheets and algorithms, this game showed that anything can happen when the stakes are this high.

What are you talking about?  The OP is about a future event that will take place in January 2024.  Are you confusing with the NCAA Basketball Championship held last year?

28 minutes ago, steve1363 said:

What are you talking about?  The OP is about a future event that will take place in January 2024.  Are you confusing with the NCAA Basketball Championship held last year?

I think this MarlonVaremez "person" is actually an Artificial Intelligence chatbot. There is just something not quite human about the way it uses words, very much like ChatGPT. My guess is that the bot is trained to automatically scour the internet looking for keywords and it does this for thousands of discussion forums across the internet. It saw the words "NCAA" and "Championship" and using probability and statistics, thought the post was referring to a past NCAA basketball tournament. Look how the bot includes a link to a website, which I am not clicking because it is probably a scam or something. I bet MarlonVaremez does not respond to this post.😁

Edited by EaDo Lou

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Sunstar said:

Been watching the game. I’ve only seen aerials of NRG. I’m guessing the weather ruined any chances of setting up any live shots.  

They did a live shot about 30 minutes ago.   They mentioned the blimp could not fly until the weather cleared. 

I did a thing at (insert venue name here) for one of the two sportsball teams from Monday's match. Their head of the board of regents was standing next to me while the president of their university was rallying the troops, bragging about how their sportsball players are smarter than the rest. The head of the board of regents leaned over to me and asked me if I was taking notes.... I leaned back at her and told her I'm from Texas, you people from north of the Red River don't know jack about sportsball.