Should The Uae Have Such Wide Control Over Some Us Ports?

nmainguy

Notice how the rainbow of security alerts has disappeared since the elections? Probably why Bush feels it's safe to turn ports over to the UAE. Be careful though, I have a feeling there will be a flurry of terrorist activity come November.

Exactly what I've been saying....and exactly why Bush says this deal is OK....because the only "real" threats occur when they need the public's support.

The Chron recently ran op-ed pieces from Thomas Friedman and David Brooks who were basically calling the opposition to the sale "racist". However the UAE sale is to a monarchy with a horrible record of human rights and connections to terrorism. I wonder how they would feel if we sold the ports to Saddam Hussein, seeing as they were such gung ho supporters of the invasion.

The Chron recently ran op-ed pieces from Thomas Friedman and David Brooks who were basically calling the opposition to the sale "racist". However the UAE sale is to a monarchy with a horrible record of human rights and connections to terrorism. I wonder how they would feel if we sold the ports to Saddam Hussein, seeing as they were such gung ho supporters of the invasion.

They would probably use the same argument with the airports. Oh, they would remind us that security would still be handled by TSA so there would be no problem. We all know what happens when maniac Arabs get on airplanes. Not just 9-11 but goiong back decades.

As usual the Bush admin did not feel that this issue deserved free and open publc discussion. They did it all in private, King George needs to go, by force if necessary.

Archived