Crime In Uptown

rps324

One of the guys I know stayed near Westfield.....

people want a 24-hour Galleria but that means more businesses like this to attract 24-our clients......that's why I don't think it'll work.

Clubs, Booze, Drugs, Immaturity.

Why can't kids just talk and not does stupid $#!+ like this.

different generation.....I grew up and rough meant a fist fight or alot of folks jumping on someone...shooting was the last thing because you got the message after a good whipping

now....they don't care about a life....

I wouldn't ever argue with someone at a gas station on Richmond after midnight. It's too bad that it has to be this way. If I was arguing with a man at that same gas station in the early 1960s, he probably would have apologized or told me to go on home. It's amazing how much our culture and society has changed since then.

It's like a war zone over in that area of town (south of Westheimer)! You couldn't pay me to venture in that part of town--what a poor, depressed, violent place! Why don't we just nuke it and start over??

answers are all on "why Southwest Houston" topic. Even Godzilla was brought in to the picture!

Quick! Where's my AK-47?! :P

• 5 years later...

Stating the obvious, I know.

My car was stolen yesterday afternoon while parked in the Macy's garage at the Galleria, just steps away from and in full view of a high-traffic entrance to the store. Was only in the store about 20 minutes, and came out to find an empty parking spot. I found out today that there's apparently security camera footage of someone following me into the garage, then a few minutes later the car that followed me in departing with my car right behind him. I did not see anyone following me, which tells me that I should've been more aware of my surroundings.

Filed an incident report immediately with HPD, but I'm doubtful I'll ever see the car again. It was a 2000 Honda Civic Si, highly prized by tuners to begin with but especially so in the immaculate, low-mileage (for its age) and essentially factory-stock condition mine was in. The fact that I had full coverage on it only eases the sting a little bit, as it'll be very difficult to replace.

Not the first time I've heard of the area being a prime hunting ground for car thieves. Be careful out there.

• The title was changed to Uptown Shooting

Archived