Houston Municipal Hospital At Camp Logan

Found this in the publication Hospitals, Sanatoriums, State and Charitable Institutions of the United States and Canada By American Medical Association · 1922.

Stunning!! Anyone ever heard of this? Thought I would share.  Amazing piece of history here. I wonder if there are any pictures around?

Houston Municipal Hospital, Camp Logan, Houston, Tex. Established 1919: municipal: general; 70 beds; outpatient department; A.H. Flickwir, health officer, physician in charge.

wMbss4B.jpg

• Like 1

My mother's family grew up in the 5th Ward (more specifically Comfort Place).  Most were born at St. Jospeh and Jefferson Davis Hospitals.  However, her oldest sister (born in 1924) we were told was born at Camp Logan.  I never understood that because I didn't link a hospital with Camp Logan.  Her family was weird (mental disorder more specifically) and had many secrets, so I never asked, and it was never elaborated on her oldest sister's birth, also the oldest sister was born out of wedlock.  Makes sense now about her being born at Camp Logan.  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...