Soap Hand Car Wash - 5815 Kirby Dr.

12 hours ago, august948 said:

According to Google Maps, West University is a bit of a car wash desert.  Surely you don't think these folks are going to be dumping their cars and taking the bus.

If we continue building just for cars then yes it won't incentivize anyone to take transit, walk, or bike. It's all learned behavior just like anything else. It took me about 6 months to really get used to just taking transit and now I don't even have to think about it. Calling this area a car wash desert is crazy in my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

If we continue building just for cars then yes it won't incentivize anyone to take transit, walk, or bike. It's all learned behavior just like anything else. It took me about 6 months to really get used to just taking transit and now I don't even have to think about it. Calling this area a car wash desert is crazy in my opinion. 

I'm sure the folks in the multi-million dollar homes in University Place just need that extra little incentive to sell their cars and take transit instead. 

"What? No car wash?  Barbie, we need to sell the Rolls now!"

1 hour ago, august948 said:

I'm sure the folks in the multi-million dollar homes in University Place just need that extra little incentive to sell their cars and take transit instead. 

"What? No car wash?  Barbie, we need to sell the Rolls now!"

Then they can move and we can redevelop the land. Too many people live in this city looking for suburban life but this ain't the burbs and we need to quit treating it as such. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Soap Hand Car Wash - 5815 Kirby Dr.
  • 1 month later...