Albert Pick Motor Inn At 3301 Southwest Fwy.

Does anyone know when the Albert Pick Motor Inn located at 3301 Southwest Freeway was active? I'm assuming the motel was in operational in the 1970s?

What replaced the demolished motel? Looking on Google Maps, it brings me to the intersection of 59 South at Buffalo Speedway.  I see the famous Phoenix Tower located right there.  Phoenix Tower has an address of 3200 Southwest Freeway.

I found company stationary on Ebay.

Looking for info!

Rm3v5Nv.jpg

• Like 1

The Albert Pick Motor Inn was on the South side of the SW Freeway. In the mid to late 70's that was where the Rice University football team stayed before home games. I ahd a couple of suite mates that were football players, and they would disappear on Friday nights to stay there.

Postcard with a picture or drawing of the building https://www.cardcow.com/492269/houston-texas-albert-pick-motor-inn/

The property was actually owned by 3600 Southwest Freeway Corp and leased to Pick-Houston Corporation in December 1966. That lease was terminated in 1986. A copy of the termination is attached.

APick.pdf

• Thanks 1