Westheimer Rd. At Dairy Ashford Rd. And Kirkwood St.

BayouCityGirl

I drive by the sign that is next to "Raising Cane" what is coming up in that space?

I saw cheese...something....

its right before you get to the (Old Richmond Road...now called Medical Center lane or something...)...okay before you hit Lowes/Walmart. (behind the building)...

coming from Hwy 6 on Westheimer ...go toward the Beltway. Drive down Westheimer and when you see the the Raising Cane) (on the right) and "Phoenician" building...there is a sign that says,"COMING SOON!" right after "Double Daves" in the strip center...with pictures of something...what do the words say?

sorry that's not much help. :(

I drive by the sign that is next to "Raising Cane" what is coming up in that space?

I saw cheese...something....

its right before you get to the (Old Richmond Road...now called Medical Center lane or something...)...okay before you hit Lowes/Walmart. (behind the building)...

coming from Hwy 6 on Westheimer ...go toward the Beltway. Drive down Westheimer and when you see the the Raising Cane) (on the right) and "Phoenician" building...there is a sign that says,"COMING SOON!" right after "Double Daves" in the strip center...with pictures of something...what do the words say?

sorry that's not much help. :(

PLEASE keep me posted on this one. That's very close to my family crib.

I agree. I think this might just be an expansion from the smaller store across the street though.

As long as the Chicken Schwarma's stay the same they can build all they want. My world may collapse if they mess around with my schwarma's.

Alright, I hate to correct people but the street you are refering to used to be Old Westheimer and has just been changed to West Houston Center.

Next, in the shopping center next to raising cains is going to be an Its a Grind coffee shop (similar to the one on Eldridge and Enclave) and some other restaurants.

The huge building going up in that shopping center with Luby's and Kinkos is going to be an expansion of the Phoenicia import food store across the street in the shopping center with all those restaurants, like Cascadas. The current store is kind of small and I'm hopping the new one will be like the Hong Kong supermarket of eastern food.

I believe Phoenicia has a huge empire. They own Phoenicia deli, that is next door to Pizza Hut on Westhiemer and Gray Falls, of course the super market, a hair salon, and all of the restaurants and the bar that are in that shopping center. (excluding pizza hut and the phili cheese steak place.)

Anyway, now lets hope something goes into that shopping center where compusa used to be. (Where blockbuster and Wokbo are now). Wok bo just re did its entire interior so it would be really neat if someone re did the shopping center.

Raising Canes is some sort of TExas/Louisiana based chain that specializes in/serves chicken. They have been in business for some time, but I almost never see them busy. I hope they stay in business, they seem like a nice restaurant.

PHoenicia is building a MASSIVE building across from their old location on Westheimer. They originally claimed they would be open in DEC at their new location, and they now pushed it back to Feb. I cant imagine a grocery store encompassing that much space though, its such a huge store !

Fwiw, I live right near Kirkwood and Westheimer in the Southlake neighborhood so I drive past these places often.

PLEASE keep me posted on this one. That's very close to my family crib.

Where do you live ?

That helps so much. I remember "old westheimer" and I know it changed its name but I could never remember the new name of the street.

I was wondering what "Phoenicia" was! Well the coffee shop is GREAT!!! Some competition for Starbucks in the HEB shopping area!

I also know there is a what looks to be apartments building coming up next to Royal Oaks inbetween the CompUSA parking lot and HEB parking lot.

Dare we even ask how much their rent will be? ;)

(or fun lil' extras the apartment will have?)

I do agree that Target needs to be bigger or move further down the block! (Super Target would be nice!) that store is so compact that even their pet supplies is a shame. I usually walk over to Petco (and don't care if they are a bit higher (Petco) because that Target offers NOTHING as far as cat toys go.

Is that Luby's any good? I know the Medical Center Luby's has a singer that sings there. He's not too bad but the last time I was there, someone requested for the singer to turn his music down (it wasn't even loud!)

Kinko's...after their prices..FORGET it! I have tried doing business with those people several times and I have gotten disapointed so I went down the street to Office Depot (on Wilcrest) -cheaper too!!

You know where "Fox and Hound" is on Westheimer? That area needs to be re-done as well!! Its like "hotel liquation furniture" and that's all that's in that strip center.

What'd I would like to see on this end is a small skate park somewhere. I don't skate but I am sure there are plenty of skaters (roller blade/skate boarder) on this side of town who'd love it!

something fun to do...West Oaks has totally bombed out (now that Spencer's is gone!) :( -I will go to West Oaks for Alamo Drafthouse (after Tinseltown charges $6.25 for a movie..Alamo is DEF. cheaper!!) and more comfy!

Memorial City I don't think I want to touch and after a while just shopping at malls is kinda boring.

Sad to say, I'm scared of driving in this city and all the freeways confuse me.

(sorry to go OT) -offtopic-

Whoah.. what a post! I think the apartments you are asking about are going to be senior citizen living, managed by Camden. That Luby's taste the exact same as every other Luby's I've ever ate at, including the one in the med center.

Is Fox & Hound in the same shopping center where Wilkin's Furniture was? I know Wilkin's is now a sushi place. Its funny to see how much money they poored into renovation & remodel, but failed to remove a 6 foot tall sign on Westheimer for Wilkin's. They even landscaped around it! It makes no sense.

West Oaks Mall's management has me amused. Oh, Birraporetti's closed down again - AFTER remodeling.

I usually go to the Luby's by Myerland (that is the one with the short salad lady)

Medical Center Luby's has the singer

..what a topic lol!!

I think Fox and Hound is in the same place as a Sushi resturant (I can't pronounce) -sorry it's been a long day I can't spell right now LOL!

I asked "Hot Topic" are you the next to go? (they said no and that Spencer's was closing nationwide)

(weirdly enough my friend who lives in NJ said their Spencer's isn't closing.

West Oaks to me is just a indoor walking track (mall) and a place to stay out of the rain. There is no amusement to do in West Oaks. No music store, no book store, no fun stores! I am waiting for Steve and Barry's...(OH I LOVE THAT PLACE!) to go next!

Why does Royal oaks have so many senior living homes?

Isn't there already on Richmond that was newly built? that's around Royal Oaks

• The title was changed to Westheimer Rd. At Dairy Ashford Rd. And Kirkwood St.

Archived