Attempted Destruction

Guest Plastic

Actually, thats not the first time I've heard this. But I believe I did hear "Texas is the "new" california" in regards to the amount of young people living here, and all the people moving here.

Because, it is alot of Californians doing the moving here.

Except perhaps, the President himself...

Dude, I overslept a couple weeks ago and actually watched the live press conference on CNN while I was ironing clothes. It was one of the few where the President doesn't use a teleprompter and actually comes across as human. And although he did stumble a bit when it came to naming Library Tower, he did name it without any assistance.

I don't like everything that he does either, but you've got to give credit where credit is due and discredit only when it is deserved. Otherwise, you're no better than Sean Hannity.

Not a target huh, is that why Pasadena, Texas is number 5 on the best places to do most damage list.

Pehaps because it is the fifth best place to do damage to the nation's infrastructure and economy.

But striking the Pentagon, World Trade Centers, and as I understand it, attempting to hit the White House or Capitol building, is not the course of action of an ideology committed to economic damage. Each of these targets are symbols of power that the U.S. projects around the globe. What's more, they are targets that, if destroyed, drastically affect the American psyche...but they are by no means a death blow.

Think of the perspective of someone who works in an office or governmental building; these are the people that make decisions that affect the global economy. They see that terrorists have taken out a refinery. That is perceived as bad for business, but the fireball in Pasadena is somewhere else, affecting the 'other'. The fireball is not a direct physical threat to them or the people that they associate with...just an economic problem to be overcome, much like a Hurricane that renders a few refineries useless.

...but take down a few more office and governmental buildings in Central Business Districts throughout the U.S., and they've just sent a powerful message to the big boys: "You could be next." That's terror.

Dude, I overslept a couple weeks ago and actually watched the live press conference on CNN while I was ironing clothes. It was one of the few where the President doesn't use a teleprompter and actually comes across as human. And although he did stumble a bit when it came to naming Library Tower, he did name it without any assistance.

I don't like everything that he does either, but you've got to give credit where credit is due and discredit only when it is deserved. Otherwise, you're no better than Sean Hannity.

I'm not sure what credit I am supposed to give, but my point is not that the prez misnamed the tower. I've heard some say that this means something, but I don't agree. My point is that this was not a real terror plan to begin with, or at least not one worth going public. A couple of people who are NOT in the US say it would be neat to attack the tallest building on the west coast. That's it! Not that they are here. Not that they figured out how to get here. Not that they had figured which airport to use. Not that they'd figured how to defeat security. Nada. Only that they may have discussed it in Asia.

They did not even name the building (DHS assumed they meant Library Tower). What infuriates me is the tossing out of this lame plot to rile up the public in an election year. Will it work? Americans prove over and over that it will. Hopefully, we'll start to see just who is jerking our chain.

Archived