The Georgian: Multifamily At 2511 Willowick Rd.

db650

If it's the Georgian Apartments, it is not in the ROD. It is across Wesleyan St from Central Market. It would probably be at least a 15 to 20 minute walk to ROD.

If Bisnow.com says it the River Oaks district, then it's official. And I could walk that in five but I'm a vegan crossfitter, so it's not a fair comparison.

• 2 years later...

www.swamplot.com/everyone-ousted-from-the-georgian-apartments-on-willowick-new-apartments-set-to-rise-in-its-place/2018-04-19/

Crescent Communities sent a letter last week to all residents of The Georgian apartments at 2511 Willowick, just north of Westheimer, letting them know that they’ll be kicked out of the complex in 6 months. The existing 114 units — home to residents over 55 — will be torn down and replaced with what the letter describes as “a new apartment building with integrated retail.” Crescent closed on the 53-year-old complex in 2015 after the purchase stalled the previous year.

Thank God !  Those apts represent that "Georgian" look that really has no application here in the South/Southwest area.  This was a throwback to that same look in the NE and New England during pre-revolutionary times when colonists were making America in "their" own image from England.  So far removed from what Texas and Houston evolved from.  Out with the old and "off with their heads" I say LOL !

Archived