Annies Hamburgers At 10821 South Post Oak Rd.

flipper

When kids aren't part of the picture (or if we have them they'll come to the private school where I teach) you tend to forget those little details! Does the $135 a foot mean completely - it's a move-in ready modern electrical, recently done foundation, new roof, perfect house?

I'm sure Willowbend will continue to be Meyerland's step-child forever, ha ha, but I think Willowbend is overlooked and underrated (for now). Hopefully the secret gets let out how nice it is over here and things start changing a bit... In my opinion, all we need is for S. Post Oak to be beautified. They can start by tearing down the billboards and big neon signs (ie the furniture one that shines all night across the street from me).

Jason

135/foot for completely updated. Of course that is subjective. If a roof still has life in it (3+ years), a rehabber probably isn't going to change it. We put 200amp electrical services in our houses, but we leave the 2 prong outlets (we don't rewire the entire house). We typically gut both bathrooms and kitchen and rebuild. But yes, definetly, move in ready, modernized house.

I ate at annies hamburgers for lunch and was reminded of the crappy retail we have along S. Post Oak :(

From Annie's you can see it all!

We went with 3 prongs (gfci?) all over the house, but it's maybe a bit of a false front. We didn't rewire the whole house or have everything grounded, but the outlets will trip off if there is a problem. I have to go over all this again with my electrician to really understand... It was the cheapest safe way out because I wanted 3 prongs without having to tear out everything. The kitchen is completely grounded as I understand it...

We also did a sub electrical box on the bedroom side of the house so that it's almost like we have 2 seperate houses, because our house is almost like 2 seperate houses linked together by the entryway.

So, anyway, were you looking to buy this house above, or are you planning to buy another house and design it like that one? RPS can vouch that 50's mod furniture goes a long way toward turning heads to sell a mod house. I guess the less imagination the potential buyer has to have the better. But we were happy to be able to use our own imagination and pick our own carpets and new tile.

Jason

135/foot for completely updated. Of course that is subjective. If a roof still has life in it (3+ years), a rehabber probably isn't going to change it. We put 200amp electrical services in our houses, but we leave the 2 prong outlets (we don't rewire the entire house). We typically gut both bathrooms and kitchen and rebuild. But yes, definetly, move in ready, modernized house.

I ate at annies hamburgers for lunch and was reminded of the crappy retail we have along S. Post Oak :(

Archived