Walk-In Security At Hospitals

What's everyone's thoughts about the check-in security at hospitals in the TMC?

I visited a patient at the St. Luke's Tower today and I just walked in to see the patient without any identification check or bag scan.

Obviously different hospitals and floors have different security levels, but I'm not sure if a guy in a back pack can freely walk onto the the floor without some sort of verification/picture. When visiting The Menninger Clinic it is a whole different process.  TMC hospitals should be the same type of security?

My friend works at Anderson and they are amazed there isn't any type of bag-check before getting onto the floor.

I think it might be hospital by hospital basis.

Texas Children's - if you had to be on the "list" to get an wristband.  Without the magic wristband - could not get up the elevators.  With the wristband - could go anywhere.

And until recently,   the "list" was very limited due to Covid.     

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 5:57 PM, Pleak said:

I think it might be hospital by hospital basis.

Texas Children's - if you had to be on the "list" to get an wristband.  Without the magic wristband - could not get up the elevators.  With the wristband - could go anywhere.

And until recently,   the "list" was very limited due to Covid.     

This is the correct procedures.

You will need to have your Texas Drivers Licensed scanned and printed to receive a wristband.  Once received you can also have a name badge ID printed to wear.

Definitely needs to be more formal security in our world-renowned hospitals.

The Menninger Clinic sets good standards. However, your basic hospital does not include that type of security/treatment.

• The title was changed to Walk-In Security At Hospitals