Taylor Hall On Munger St.

readam

• 2 weeks later...

***Our band played some place in Pasadena during the mid 60s that I thought was called "Teen Hall".***

That place in Pasadena was Taylor Hall. The original Taylor Hall was in the old part of Pasadena just north of Hwy 225. They moved in the early sixties to a new place on South Richey.  I may be one of the very few people who grew up in Pasadena back then and never ever went to Taylor Hall.  I heard it was a lot of fun though.

• 1 month later...

The original Taylor Hall was in an old building on Munger Street in Pasadena, one block north of La Porte Road, which is now 225.

Sometime just after 1960, that Munger St. location near the old downtown area started going to seed and teens were afraid to go there at night. So some civic minded deep pockets in Pasadena ponied up money to build a new Taylor Hall on South Richey, just south of where Allen-Genoa Rd crosses it. Last time I drove through there a few years ago the building was still there, but it was sitting empty and looked old and very rundown.

• 5 months later...

***Our band played some place in Pasadena during the mid 60s that I thought was called "Teen Hall".***

That place in Pasadena was Taylor Hall. The original Taylor Hall was in the old part of Pasadena just north of Hwy 225. They moved in the early sixties to a new place on South Richey.  I may be one of the very few people who grew up in Pasadena back then and never ever went to Taylor Hall.  I heard it was a lot of fun though.

I wasn't born yet, but I love this era and the music.  Check out this pic!

post-12960-0-31821600-1393807052_thumb.j

• 2 years later...

http://www1.pasadenaisd.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=80772&pageId=3303748

This Pasadena school link has a nice list and pics of favorite sixties teen places. Included is a photo of the newer teen hall on S. Richey. I looked it up on GoogleEarth, it's original design is hidden. It's a pawn shop, now.

• Like 1