Lukes Truth 'N Burgers At 10821 South Post Oak Rd.

There used to be a hamburger joint named "Luke's" at the corner of Willowbend and Post Oak. Vastly better than Burger King down the street. Further to the east on Willowbend, near railroad tracks, was a barbecue place who's name escapes me. I still remember the smell of smoke had permeated the walls after years of operating the indoor pit.

Edit: Sorry, this was the downtown location at Fannin & Rusk.

MCM5Jrr.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

There used to be a hamburger joint named "Luke's" at the corner of Willowbend and Post Oak. Vastly better than Burger King down the street. Further to the east on Willowbend, near railroad tracks, was a barbecue place who's name escapes me. I still remember the smell of smoke had permeated the walls after years of operating the indoor pit.

Luke's became Anne's, which is still there as far as I know, and is basically about the same as Luke's. Or at least I never

could tell a lot of difference...

The Bar B Q place at Post Oak and Benning was Post Oak Ranch.

• 3 weeks later...

Luke's became Anne's, which is still there as far as I know, and is basically about the same as Luke's. Or at least I never

could tell a lot of difference...

The Bar B Q place at Post Oak and Benning was Post Oak Ranch.

Luke's and Annie's were the same thing.  IIRC there were four locations.  The story I heard was that Luke and Annie (don't know the last name) got divorced.  She got one site.  It's the only one left.

• The title was changed to Lukes Truth 'N Burgers At 10821 South Post Oak Rd.