Candyland Amusement Park On Shaver St.

TexasHome

• 11 months later...

Does anybody here remember the pony rides on Shaver, in Pasadena, a few blocks down from where the Wal-Mart now sits? I used to love those pony rides, even if all they did was walk around and around in circles. I was only 5 or so.

:lol:

wasn't that the same place as "candy land" or "candy cane" park with the mini rides? i had a birthday there when i was five or six. we have some old film with that birthday party on it.

I don't remember the name of the place. It was only a block or two from where Wal-Mart is now, this was back in 1964 or 65. There was a Sears store on the land where Wal-Mart is now. The place, was past the intersection of Harris and Shaver, heading south, towards Southmore.

• 1 year later...

Here is a list of the Kiddie Amusement Parks I grew up with:

Peppermint Park :*1st (Original) location - Reveille & Arnim (Gulfgate Shopping City) - 1960's (bldg. gone)

2nd location - Hwy 59 South (Southwest Frwy @ Beltway) - mechanics shop now?

3rd location - 610 North Loop (@ where it meets Hwy 290) - now a plant store

*It had a carousel, train, small roller coaster, helicopters,hand-petal cars,...don't remember live ponies.

Kiddie Wonderland: So. Main & Braeswood (by Prudential Bldg) see my pic/above post.

-live ponies & rides. Where is the old sign now? <_<

Candyland : Shaver St. in Pasadena, right before the Sears Dept. store.

- ponies & rides.

another pony rides at Park Place, rt. before Telephone Rd./ across from police station.Anyone know the name? - ponies & maybe a few rides in mid of track, similar to Candyland.

:) I loved those "old ponies" you all talk about. Good memories. Didn't take much to make us happy.

• The title was changed to Pony Rides On Shaver St.

Archived