2023 Houston

What project is everybody looking forward to being completed this year?  Also any predictions/dreams on lots/buildings that currently haven't been announced.

I'll go first... I'm looking forward to Discovery West being completed.  My prediction(wishful thinking) is that the old downtown Holiday Inn is sold to a company that actually has a plan to do something with it.

• Like 2

I'm hoping construction actually gets started on the corner of White Oak and Studewood. It's walking distance from my house and would greatly improve the walkability of that area. If done right, that development could turn the area into even more of a pedestrian friendly hub than it already is

43 minutes ago, bookey23 said:

I'm hoping construction actually gets started on the corner of White Oak and Studewood. It's walking distance from my house and would greatly improve the walkability of that area. If done right, that development could turn the area into even more of a pedestrian friendly hub than it already is

Isn’t that supposed to be some sort of parking garage with access on 6 1/2 Street?  Please tell me I’m wrong!

15 hours ago, BeerNut said:

What project is everybody looking forward to being completed this year?  Also any predictions/dreams on lots/buildings that currently haven't been announced.

I'll go first... I'm looking forward to Discovery West being completed.  My prediction(wishful thinking) is that the old downtown Holiday Inn is sold to a company that actually has a plan to do something with it.

I’m looking forward to the completion of Lynn Wyatt Park and the continued renovations to Jones Hall.  This summer the hall is slated to receive completely new seating.  I’m anxious to see what the re-design will look like.

1 hour ago, steve1363 said:

Isn’t that supposed to be some sort of parking garage with access on 6 1/2 Street?  Please tell me I’m wrong!

I believe that's the plan. Honestly, I'd rather have an automatic parking garage surrounded by retail instead of a massive empty lot. Centralized parking would make that whole strip on White Oak infinitely more walkable. I feel bad for the houses that are directly across the street from it, but YIMBY

Uh......I guess if I'm honest.......having both Montrose Blvd improved ( yes please have bicycle lane, wider sidewalks, more tree canopy) PLUS Westheimer improved ( ditto bike lane, metro cut-outs, canopy shade and public art.....all the way from Main to Shepherd) with Montrose TIRZ getting it all done with efficiency, accuracy, and grace.....WOW! That would be my #1.