Buffalo Speedway Connector Road

Can we discuss this small road that forms a loop from Buffalo Speedway to Holmes Road? 

The road is sandwiched in between the University of Texas controlled 307-acres and the Texas Medical Center controlled 500-acres.  When travelling on Holmes Road, the loop road is a short cut to Buffalo Speedway.  The loop makes a lot of sense and saves time when driving. 

All of the land in the immediate area is vacant.  Since the Buffalo Speedway Connector is road that is off the beaten path, in the middle of inhabited land, the area is a prime spot for illegal dumping. The illegal dumping is mostly large items such as tires, contractor supplies, and lawn clipping bags.  The illegal dumping is so bad the city setup 2 cameras to try and catch the dumpers.  Since then, the dumping has gotten better but it is still a problem.

It is still unclear if the TMC 500-acre land grab contains this parcel.  6 months ago I noticed some civil work within the Buffalo Speedway Connector land.  I assume the construction activity was in preparation of the closing sale of the 500-acres. I think the 500-acres is everything south of Holmes Road on Buffalo Speedway to Airport Blvd. Which, if that's the case, the land is covered under their purchase.

My question is, I wonder if TMC has the power to clean this place up.  Could the TMC prevent illegal dumping? What would work is if the TMC developed the land in and around the Buffalo Speedway Connector and had grounds-maintenance on a daily basis. I know in some Hines buildings, the Hines Property Management team has a cleaning crew that spans the entire day. Someone is cleaning from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.  Then the overnight cleaning crew comes in and cleans the individual offices and suites. 

The TMC Medical Campus is always very clean with great landscaping and flowery medians. I'd hope to see the same here, when the TMC BioPort development gains traction and occupancy. 

Not much is known about this loop road. I wanted to create a thread for more visibility and information for people.  Google Maps lists the road as "Buffalo Speedway" and omits the "Connector" part.

E5hCQDU.png

sGRU6dM.png

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to Buffalo Speedway Connector Road