LH7 Ranch At 1010 Barker Clodine Rd.

RhinoVP

If anyone is still reading this thread....

I've pretty much crossed out the LH7 ranch and rodeo arena theory. Everything I've read so far put those in the Barker resevior, not Addicks.

As far as the cross itself is concerned - While the cross itself is certainly not natural, I'm starting to feel that the surrounding circle is. It's most likely been altered with the addition of some type of berm around it, but otherwise natural. There are many other circular or oval features like this all over the reseviors.

For me this has become alot less about the cross, and much more about the history of the town of Addicks. This seems to be a lost piece of history. A very long search on this has netted only a brief paragraph or two on the town.

Yes, the Army in an effort to protect thier war intrest along Buffalo bayou decided to dam it off, thereby flooding the town causing everybody there to relocate to the south, where (what's left of) the town is now. :mellow: Without even so much as a historical marker at the original location to let future generations know where or what it was.

Anybody with a UT library card?

Regards

Rhino