Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2100 Binz St is listed for lease. The site was previously a Chevron gas station. 

According to county records OS Almeda purchased the lot in 2019.



Marketing description:

 

  • High profile freeway hard corner available for ground lease. Frontage on Almeda, Binz, and 288.
  • Now available for lease, land located at 2100 Binz St Houston, Texas 77004.
  • Available building square footage 2,360 SF.
  • Rentable acre 0.64 acre

 

https://property.jll.com/listings/2100-binz-st-not-tracked-texas

 

https://res.cloudinary.com/marketsphere/image/upload/mnwwv0vk7azxmj1a74vo.pdf

 

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properties/531286/texas-2100-binz-st

https://api-lease.crexi.com/assets/531286/flyer

 

Old Loopnet listing removed in September:
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2100-Binz-St-Houston-TX/18433222/

 


sSeEWzw.jpg


APvfN7W.jpg


fCM3Ys9.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unsure if ground lease is the way to go with the parcel. I guess maybe they are hoping for another gas station but there are numerous ones on Almeda already that occupy all economic levels, you have gas stations with good wine and beer selections, food options, cigar selections etc. And most of the big gas station brands are already represented.

The only thing I can think of is maybe some kind of retail store? Access to it is great, but it can't be a specialty grocery retailer, those need to be embedded like on Westheimer in Montrose or Richmond by upper Kirby. If it went retail I could see a suburban-style starbucks, but starbucks is moving away from those larger footprints since their drive-throughs are so successful. A brewery or a beer garden could be successful there given the amount of renters in the area and the lack of such a thing near the park and TMC. The closest one is Savoy Icehouse and Under the Radar. Unless the owner is willing to put cash into it to expand the building or raze it to let the tenant build, I don't see how the lease option is that great and it limits it alot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, X.R. said:

Unsure if ground lease is the way to go with the parcel. I guess maybe they are hoping for another gas station but there are numerous ones on Almeda already that occupy all economic levels, you have gas stations with good wine and beer selections, food options, cigar selections etc. And most of the big gas station brands are already represented.

The only thing I can think of is maybe some kind of retail store? Access to it is great, but it can't be a specialty grocery retailer, those need to be embedded like on Westheimer in Montrose or Richmond by upper Kirby. If it went retail I could see a suburban-style starbucks, but starbucks is moving away from those larger footprints since their drive-throughs are so successful. A brewery or a beer garden could be successful there given the amount of renters in the area and the lack of such a thing near the park and TMC. The closest one is Savoy Icehouse and Under the Radar. Unless the owner is willing to put cash into it to expand the building or raze it to let the tenant build, I don't see how the lease option is that great and it limits it alot.



The property owner may want a retail tenant, specifically commercial or a restaurant. At least, that's my take from the listing. My observation could be wrong.


 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 2100 Binz St
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

A plan reviewing fee permit was purchased for 2100 Binz St on Tuesday. 

Details from the permit:

  • Use: Repair, retail
  • FCC Group: Non-residential retail



2100 Binz St was last occupied by a Chevron gas station. The site has been vacant for a while. 

I don't know what's planned for the property. However, based on who purchased the permit, Trenton Development Group (TDG) has been hired to design whatever is planned here. Perhaps @HNathoo is able to share a few details.



WEfcQYB.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2024 at 2:23 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A plan reviewing fee permit was purchased for 2100 Binz St on Tuesday. 

Details from the permit:

  • Use: Repair, retail
  • FCC Group: Non-residential retail



2100 Binz St was last occupied by a Chevron gas station. The site has been vacant for a while. 

I don't know what's planned for the property. However, based on who purchased the permit, Trenton Development Group (TDG) has been hired to design whatever is planned here. Perhaps @HNathoo is able to share a few details.



WEfcQYB.png

Vertical development is likely out of the picture for the next few years, so just trying to activate the site and make it less of an eye-sore. The group we're working with has some great ideas, but haven't landed on a concept yet. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, HNathoo said:

Vertical development is likely out of the picture for the next few years, so just trying to activate the site and make it less of an eye-sore. The group we're working with has some great ideas, but haven't landed on a concept yet. 


Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...