Park 8 (Not Park 8ight, or the warehouse complex at beltway 8 & I-45)

Boris

I was not saying make it a non car place, I'm talking a place where you could park in a parking garage and walk the area. I was even thinking parallel parking along the shops.

So...basically make it like a strip mall. You park on-site, in front of the store, and then you walk into the store.

It could be Downtown Asia Town.

I'm going to point back to post #116.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Do any of you see Park 8 making a come back now that Houston is booming? The design was very much Houston's old way of building highrises around the city (office parkish). I think if built today on that land that could come with something similar to city centre and it could become the more walkable Chinatown.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I hate to bump a two year old thread with less-than-concrete information, but a plat was filed under the title "Park 8 Houston"

A quick Google search brings up a few articles from 07-08 on swamplot, and a different pdf for a "Park 8" plat that is off of Beltway 8 & I-45.

I can't look at the plat quite yet; they still have to scan it, but I figured I'd get the hype train going so that I can ultimately crush everyone's hopes & dreams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

I hate to bump a two year old thread with less-than-concrete information, but a plat was filed under the title "Park 8 Houston"

A quick Google search brings up a few articles from 07-08 on swamplot, and a different pdf for a "Park 8" plat that is off of Beltway 8 & I-45.

I can't look at the plat quite yet; they still have to scan it, but I figured I'd get the hype train going so that I can ultimately crush everyone's hopes & dreams.

"Park 8 Houston" is a warehouse complex proposed for the SWC of Beltway 8 & I-45. "Park 8" was cancelled 8 years ago.

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/21222331-DD8D-4465-9743-CE82DAD68297.pdf

ftp://edrc.houstontx.gov/2015/Applications//2015-0648/SubdivisionPlatPDF_IA047%20Park%208%20Plat.pdf

• The title was changed to Park 8 (Not Park 8ight, or the warehouse complex at beltway 8 & I-45)