Brochsteins Campus At 10002 South Main St.

Highrise Tower

While browsing old issues of University of Houston's The EXtra publication I noticed a congratulations add from Brochsteins, Inc. to University of Houston celebrating the opening of the Ezekiel Cullen Building at 4800 Calhoun Rd. The add was put out on November 18, 1950.

The address of Brochsteins, Inc. is listed as 10002 South Main * Houston, Texas * Madison 4451.  This puts the old building at 610 South Loop near the Whataburger at 9955 South Main Street? The building was demolished to make the freeway overpass?

Their current campus is located at 11530 South Main St. and must sit-on 20 to 40-acres. I sometimes wonder if they would ever sell apart of their land.  It's their manufacturing plant and corporate office I believe, so they will probably stay there for a while longer.

I believe Brochsteins did the Hines 609 interior work.  They have been involved with some fantastic projects! I remember hearing stories about how they got some wood in the remotes of Africa.

wm0wcWd.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

While browsing old issues of University of Houston's The EXtra publication I noticed a congratulations add from Brochsteins, Inc. to University of Houston celebrating the opening of the Ezekiel Cullen Building at 4800 Calhoun Rd. The add was put out on November 18, 1950.

The address of Brochsteins, Inc. is listed as 10002 South Main * Houston, Texas * Madison 4451.  This puts the old building at 610 South Loop near the Whataburger at 9955 South Main Street? The building was demolished to make the freeway overpass?

Their current campus is located at 11530 South Main St. and must sit-on 20 to 40-acres. I sometimes wonder if they would ever sell apart of their land.  It's their manufacturing plant and corporate office I believe, so they will probably stay there for a while longer.

I believe Brochsteins did the Hines 609 interior work.  They have been involved with some fantastic projects! I remember hearing stories about how they got some wood in the remotes of Africa.

wm0wcWd.png

Brochsteins has 31 acres on South Main. I suspect they've been there since opening, and Main was renumbered at some point, as the buildings on the 1943 aerials lok like the ones that are there now. I'll do some more digging.

• Like 1