Hans House Of Beauty No. 2 At 6422 South Main St.

Highrise Tower

I love all these old barber shops around town.  I was looking an old issues of Rice's The Trasher magazine and I came across Hans House of Beauty No. 2 at 6422 Main St.  Located in the infamous Hermann Professional Building. The bottom floor used to have rentable space? I've noticed a few different stores that were here over the years.

February 24, 1961.

68BT4TA.png

January 8, 1954.

adBLCgg.png

March 21, 1958.

hQt0IDl.png

8 minutes ago, Highrise Tower said:

I love all these old barber shops around town.  I was looking an old issues of Rice's The Trasher magazine and I came across Hans House of Beauty No. 2 at 6422 Main St.  Located in the infamous Hermann Professional Building. The bottom floor used to have rentable space? I've noticed a few different stores that were here over the years.

I have a vague recollection of some businesses that rented space on the ground floor. I spent quite a bit of time at Hermann Professional Building in the late 1960s/early 1970s as I had severe allergies as a kid, and my ENT's practice was located there. IIRC there used to be a lunch counter/gift shop on the ground floor as well, similar to those that used to be common in a lot of drugstores (like the Mading/Dugan chain).  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mkultra25 said:

I have a vague recollection of some businesses that rented space on the ground floor. I spent quite a bit of time at Hermann Professional Building in the late 1960s/early 1970s as I had severe allergies as a kid, and my ENT's practice was located there. IIRC there used to be a lunch counter/gift shop on the ground floor as well, similar to those that used to be common in a lot of drugstores (like the Mading/Dugan chain).  

From my knowledge:

- Hans House Of Beauty No. 2

- Dutch Kettle Restaurant

- House of Vision (HV)

I believe Houston Methodist's Scurlock Tower had rentable space as well.

• Like 1