METRORapid Silver Line

Trae

Washington D.C. had used mostly subways, and with higher ridership than anywhere but New York City...up until recently. Now they're copying the Houston model of light rail as they expand because it isn't as expensive.

Are you sure about DC, because their Silver Line goes against with what you are saying. The plans call for multiple subway portions and underground stations.

Are you sure about DC, because their Silver Line goes against with what you are saying. The plans call for multiple subway portions and underground stations.

The station and trackage at Dulles Airport will be truely underground, but that is the only one. Tysons Central 7 station will be only partially below-grade on account of tunnelling that was required underneath a half-clover interchange at Chain Bridge and Leesburg. Trackage through other parts of Tysons was elevated because traffic is pretty bad there (it's like thier version of our Galleria area).

All the other nine stations and trackage will be on the surface. See map.

For this kind of route, this is actually a very prudent design.

Edited by TheNiche

Yeah, I know what Tyson's is. Been there plenty of times. Still, what they have for the Silver Line is not much different all other lines outside of DC itself. They have a good design though (and it is heavy rail, so that adds to the cost).

Yeah, I know what Tyson's is. Been there plenty of times. Still, what they have for the Silver Line is not much different all other lines outside of DC itself. They have a good design though (and it is heavy rail, so that adds to the cost).

Last time I checked, HAIF was a message board. Other people are reading this and may not know what Tysons is like. If I were directing a response at you, I'd be PMing. So don't take it personally.

Last time I checked, HAIF was a message board. Other people are reading this and may not know what Tysons is like. If I were directing a response at you, I'd be PMing. So don't take it personally.

Chill bro. I wasn't mad or anything. No need to flip out.