Sports

houstonfella

This is about all teams: college & prof. How the 21st Century has fared with our teams:

College Baseball: Rice won 2003 championship; Texas won 2002 championship

College Football: 'Horns 2006 Rose Bowl National Champs

Pro Basketball: Spurs racked up 2 NBA championships this century

Pro Baseball: Astros won National League Pennant

Am I leaving anyone out? I'd say we've done pretty darn good on the sporting team. Yes, it could be better, and I believe will get better, but we've had some celebrations here in the Lone Star State.

B)

Overall I do agree, that it's good to see the teams do well, considering the money we have invested in them.

I just see some people at work today saying UT's NC was great for Texas (the state). I see it more as a victory for Austin, not Texas, or Houston.

Just ask the Aggies if the UT NC was for College Station. Or Houston when Dallas won the Super Bowl.

Overall I do agree, that it's good to see the teams do well, considering the money we have invested in them.

I just see some people at work today saying UT's NC was great for Texas (the state). I see it more as a victory for Austin, not Texas, or Houston.

Just ask the Aggies if the UT NC was for College Station. Or Houston when Dallas won the Super Bowl.

It was't specifically for College Station. But just because TAMU competes with UT doesn't mean that it wasn't for all of Texas. I live in Bryan/College Station and although TAMU (Texas A&M) is here doesn't mean that we would not want to see a Texas team win a national championship.

Not saying you'd be against it, but the Texans winning a SB would be a lot better for Houston than the Cowboys winning one.

I doubt anybody was cheering for SC last night.

And FWIW, TexAgs.com is melting down!

Go read it for a laugh and see the Love first hand.

It was't specifically for College Station. But just because TAMU competes with UT doesn't mean that it wasn't for all of Texas. I live in Bryan/College Station and although TAMU (Texas A&M) is here doesn't mean that we would not want to see a Texas team win a national championship.

You may take back those words on February 1 (National Letter of Intent day) when Texas signs all the top recruits and A&M picking up the 2nd's.

Thanks.

College Baseball: Rice won 2003 championship; Texas won 2002 championship

College Football: 'Horns 2006 Rose Bowl National Champs

Pro Basketball: Spurs racked up 2 NBA championships this century

WNBA: Houston Comets 2000 WNBA Champs

Pro Baseball: Astros won National League Pennant

Pro Hockey: Houston Aeros 2003 Calder Cup Champs

Lance Armstrong: 7 Tour de France trophies

Hey, we're good in Texas! Anything from Dallas in the 21st Century?

Well, U of H had their asses handed to them in their bowl game this year, BUT, they went to a bowl !

.............Oh ! For all you die hard Aggie fans I heard a few fans calling into the Glen Beck program, some were hilarious, but some were just plain WRONG ! One caller said he would root for Iraq over the 'Horns. I don't know if that is being loyal to your alma mater, or just part of being an Aggie.

footnote for Aggies: alma mater means da skool y'all went ta ! :D

Archived