Town Homes, With Retail at The Bottom

I've noticed what we would call "in-fill", is starting to sprout out everywhere in the city. I've seen all kinda of 3 story town homes, poping up on all blocks, but I noticed down Washington (towards Downtown) some had retail at the bottom! I think this is a first. Maybe this type of developement will continue? I was just shocked to see this.

I think houston in a decade will be "dense" as far as I'm concerned. I remember the town home I live in was one of the first in the neighborhood, now there are blocks full of them! I'm just excited to see all this developement.

That development on Washington has been there for 5 years or so. Took them awhile to unload the condos, probably more because of price than the first floor retail. You are correct about the infill, though, with or without first floor retail. Perry just finished building out the townhome development on Washington at Studewood. Years ago, that stretch of Studewood was a grain silo. Now, on both sides of the street, there are 3 large apartment complexes and scores of townhomes.

There are some off of West Green and Kingsland Blvd. near the corner of the intersection across from the paintball feilds on West Green and the Church on Kingsland Blvd. But I am not really sure of the name of the little neighborhood.

Edited by Talbot

• The title was changed to Town Homes, With Retail at The Bottom