Beef And Bun BBQ At 8155 Long Point Rd.

Rarely in houston can you find a pappas/luthers style bbq joint that's not a big chain but just as good. Beef and bun bbq is one of those places. The first thing you notice is the atmosphere. There's a very familiar feel to the place. You also feel like your part of a secret club if your one of the select few who frequent this hidden gem. They somehow pull off not feeling ultra sterile even though the eating floor is as wide open as a school cafeteria and there are rows of sit-along benches. Don't worry, they have single tables too. The food prep area is right behing the ordering counter so its pretty cool and appetizing seein the cooks hookin up your plates under the orangutan colored light. I ordered the po boy combo that included a huge basket of fries and a drink. There's a small fixin bar where you can load up on as much onions, pickles, banana peppers, etc. as you need. The sliced beef was delectable. The meat just fell apart in my mouth and melted. I couldn't stop taking bites after the first one. Fries at independent joints are usually just freezer aisle, run-of-the-mill, flavorless crinkle cuts. Not here. They've got the unique fries necessary for an independant to stay afloat. Thin-cut, soft, chewy and flavorful. All in all good experience, I give this joint 4 out of 5 tums. . .

Po boy combo 5.95

Rib plate, 2 vegetables 6.95

Pie by the slice available

Beef and bun bbq

West fuqua @ hiram clarke

• The title was changed to Beef And Bun BBQ
  • The title was changed to Beef And Bun BBQ At 8155 Long Point Rd.

Archived